Keystone Jetty this Saturday 24th?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
SashimiFencer
Frequent Bubbler

Keystone Jetty this Saturday 24th?

Post by SashimiFencer »

Slack before ebb looks like 12:45pm ish? Slack before flood too early for me! But it looks like it is favorable for getting 2 dives in that afternoon. Would others agree? And anyone else interested?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Keystone Jetty this Saturday 24th?

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!

I'll be out of town diving Race Rocks, so can't go. Generally floods are weaker than ebbs at keystone, and slack before flood and thereafter a bit into the flood in a mild day is the best time to go. The high tide slacks can be a bit unpredictable or non-existent. Sometimes I see them happen quite a bit early.

But its a mild day so likely you can find a place along the jetty to go all day long with caution.

I'd suggest maybe going a bit earlier than the SBE for one of your dives and feel things out. Maybe 11-1130 splash. If lucky you could even get to the end of the jetty. Note when the ferry comes by, that can bring in a bunch of extra current. Not bad, but good to know.

Check the wind forecast, you don't want a lot of south wind.

Have fun!!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
SashimiFencer
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SashimiFencer »

Thanks for the recs. Wind forecast looks light so will try to get 2 dives in. If anyone else is Interested in meeting up, lemme know!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

The Emerald Sea club will also be meeting there at 11am. So you’re not the only one who thinks that’s a good time to dive there on Saturday. ;-)
I would be happy to meet at 11 and dive with you.

-James