Labor Day Weekend

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
WyoExpat
Just Settling In

Labor Day Weekend

Post by WyoExpat »

Anyone have any Labor Day Weekend (or Monday) Dive plans?

Edit: I'll bring along beer and snacks to any dives I can tag along. Otherwise, I was hoping to do a two tank dive at Redondo or maybe Alki.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Labor Day Weekend

Post by YellowEye »

Oy, the tides are really awful this weekend. I'd like to dive somewhere, but not sure the tides allow much more than the sites you suggested, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have! If I go I can let you know.

Anybody else going?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

I'm pinging my usual buddy for Monday diving at Pt. Whitney. No time yet... Probably meet 11ish?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

ScubaJess and I are likely going to do Keystone tomorrow. Tide is super low but we should hopefully be able go get in a short slack dive, splash at 1:45 ish. We will also likely do a picnic and maybe another dive before slack depending on how much time we have. Anyone is welcome.

Should be sunny and winds are not in the forecast!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
WyoExpat
Just Settling In

Post by WyoExpat »

60south, I'll be on the peninsula tomorrow, so if you don't mind a hang along, I'd love to dive with you. Also, if you bring the dry suit, maybe I could give it a test dive for any leaks?
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

WyoExpat wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:46 am 60south, I'll be on the peninsula tomorrow, so if you don't mind a hang along, I'd love to dive with you. Also, if you bring the dry suit, maybe I could give it a test dive for any leaks?
Sure thing! Confirmed we're 'go' for meeting at 11am, Pt Whitney. I drive a white Tacoma. Will bring the drysuit.

We usually only do one dive but I'm bringing a couple of tanks just in case.

g
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

YE & I are headed for 9am ferry. Hopefully we can splash at keystone 1ish. Hope to see some of you guys there :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

How was your dive Glenn & Cameron? Did the drysuit fit? Keystone was crazy beautiful!! Hope to dive with you guys soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

How was your dive Glenn & Cameron? Did the drysuit fit? Keystone was crazy beautiful!! Hope to dive with you guys soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

ScubaJess wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:14 pm How was your dive Glenn & Cameron? Did the drysuit fit? Keystone was crazy beautiful!! Hope to dive with you guys soon!
It was great! 3 GPOs and zillions of shrimp (are they looking at us? I think they're looking at us. It's like we had an audience of 100,000 shrimp, all evenly spaced apart and staring at us.) Fun seeing a large rockfish with shrimp antennae hanging out of its mouth, like toothpicks. The drysuit worked but may need some adjustment.

Would love to dive with you guys at Keystone again sometime!