God's Pocket October October 13-19

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dphershman
Aquanaut

God's Pocket October October 13-19

Post by dphershman »

After many years of reading about everyone's adventures at Gods Pocket I finally had the opportunity to go. An amazing dive site, complete with Humpbacks circling right off the dock plus Sea Otters floating idly offshore. The only negative was that we got slammed by some severe weather... heavy rains most days and gale force winds a couple of times as well. Still, we managed to get most of the 'must-see' dive sites. Plus I got to see a Rock Greenling, a first for me.

Here are some photos... just a sampler of what we saw there.

The Hooded Nudibranchs were everywhere!

Orange Peel nudibranchs were plentiful and quite large

A free-swimming Hooded Nudibranch

A male Rock Greenling showing the characteristic green mouth.

A Red Irish Lord waiting in ambush.
Dan Hershman :smt024
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: God's Pocket October October 13-19

Post by Gdog »

Great shots Dave! Wow. I have never been, its on my list. Love the hooded Nudis.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Awesome! Glad you made it up there! And you're so lucky to find rocky on your first trip there!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

YellowEye wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 am Awesome! Glad you made it up there! And you're so lucky to find rocky on your first trip there!

Thanks! I owe Captain Al for Rocky due to his precise descriptions of the environment where they could be found :)

Dan
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic snaps Dan!!!!
I agree! Nice work finding Rocky!! Captain Al is the BEST!!! Sorry to hear about the weather. We are headed back next Oct 11-17 and one spot is still open on our trip. You should come.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
dphershman
Aquanaut

Post by dphershman »

ScubaJess wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:07 pm Fantastic snaps Dan!!!!
I agree! Nice work finding Rocky!! Captain Al is the BEST!!! Sorry to hear about the weather. We are headed back next Oct 11-17 and one spot is still open on our trip. You should come.
oh my! where do I sign up?

Dan