Skills dive this week

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sounder wrote:
dsteding wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Scheduling an appointment with the nurse at the free clinic doesn't count as a date... :bootyshake:
That was last week, and the tests came back negative . . . =D>
Sorry - got them confused. Glad to hear things turned out well - sounds like a strong shot of antibiotic cleared everything up. Probably better to refrain from sharing your trip to the clinic with your new date... #-o

Speaking of your next date, anyone want to place an over/under wager on how long she'll last?! :bootyshake:
:laughing3: I love this place.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Sheesh, it isn't nice to hijack threads. Poor Lundy isn't gonna pass fundies because people are more interested in my love life than his underwater skills development . . .
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Karma is a bitch isn't it Doug? :)

Notice that despite your inflammatory posts about me in the past, I have done no buddy-bashing in this thread, therefore I will take -- and pass -- fundies accoridng to my logic. :)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

lundysd wrote:Karma is a bitch isn't it Doug? :)

Notice that despite your inflammatory posts about me in the past, I have done no buddy-bashing in this thread, therefore I will take -- and pass -- fundies accoridng to my logic. :)
Inflammatory?

:violent3:

You know I love you.

If you pass fundies straight-up, I will pay for your charter to the Mariner.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Haha -- wonder how easily Steve can be bribed....

If I Tech pass, how about a free trip to Nanaimo (course there is about as good a chance of that as there is of you hitting it tomorrow night -- Zing!!!)
Navigator
Just Settling In

Skills dive.

Post by Navigator »

Wednesday - what time?
is 6:00 - 6:30 OK?
I just got my new 119 tank. Want to try it. :bounce:

Dennis
206-992-6125 \:D/
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

lundysd wrote:Haha -- wonder how easily Steve can be bribed....

If I Tech pass, how about a free trip to Nanaimo (course there is about as good a chance of that as there is of you hitting it tomorrow night -- Zing!!!)
Nah, I got a better chance than you do to tech pass. Marc didn't tech pass, and he's a MUCH better diver than you . . ZINGER NUMBER 1.

Oh wait, there is more . . .

With your fin tips vertical like the pic in your avatar, you'll provisional just like I did.

Take that.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Touche dive buddy, touche :)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think Steve's hard to bribe, because Thalassamania took up a collection to get me through Rec Triox, and it didn't work . . .

Doug's new relationship will last until he realizes that the woman in question has clearly disqualified herself from serious consideration by being willing to go out with him :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

LCF wrote: Doug's new relationship will last until he realizes that the woman in question has clearly disqualified herself from serious consideration by being willing to go out with him :)
Ouch. That hurts.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

that last one was a bit sharp, jeez doug for some reason it looks like your gettin abused here, let me know if you need some back up :smt027
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Doug needs backup like I need a venereal disease.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

lundysd wrote:Doug needs backup like I need a venereal disease.
Man, what to do with this one . . .

Howard, I appreciate the ninja-got-your-back offer.

:partyman:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dsteding wrote:
LCF wrote: Doug's new relationship will last until he realizes that the woman in question has clearly disqualified herself from serious consideration by being willing to go out with him :)
Ouch. That hurts.

That's deep. And very, very funny! I thought you were a trauma doc- you have a background in psych as well?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:Doug's new relationship will last until he realizes that the woman in question has clearly disqualified herself from serious consideration by being willing to go out with him :)
Lynne's right... once's a date is willing to go out with him, the chase is over. For Mr. Steding it's kind of like crabbing... once you catch one, you flip it over to check the gender, then it goes in his collection bag, and it's onto the next one... :bootyshake:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:
dsteding wrote:
Ouch. That hurts.

That's deep. And very, very funny! I thought you were a trauma doc- you have a background in psych as well?
Lynne's referring to my habit of only falling for unavailable women. If they pursue me, I run away like the immature 12 year-old I really am.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

dsteding wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:
dsteding wrote:
Ouch. That hurts.

Lynne's referring to my habit of only falling for unavailable women. If they pursue me, I run away like the immature 12 year-old I really am.
The longest relationship I'm aware involved a rather odd shaped item with large batteries... :smt064

(You're such a good sport, but what did you think would happen when you posted you had a date?! [-X )
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sounder wrote:
LCF wrote:Doug's new relationship will last until he realizes that the woman in question has clearly disqualified herself from serious consideration by being willing to go out with him :)
Lynne's right... once's a date is willing to go out with him, the chase is over. For Mr. Steding it's kind of like crabbing... once you catch one, you flip it over to check the gender, then it goes in his collection bag, and it's onto the next one... :bootyshake:
I'm not sure the collection bag actually opens before they get a claw out and he drops them.

Hello kitty. :rr:
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:
Sounder wrote:
I'm not sure the collection bag actually opens before they get a claw out and he drops them.
I actually kinda like this girl. Sheesh.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

dsteding wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Sure... :smt064
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

dsteding wrote: I actually kinda like this girl. Sheesh.
Then it might be prudent to keep her away from your friends ... [-X

BTW - what kind of skills dive are y'all talking about here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Grateful Diver wrote:
dsteding wrote: I actually kinda like this girl. Sheesh.
Then it might be prudent to keep her away from your friends ... [-X

BTW - what kind of skills dive are y'all talking about here ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Bob, that is excellent advice.

I think the plan is to do some fundies-level stuff.

BTW, let's dive when I get back from Hawaii after the end of the month.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

dsteding wrote: BTW, let's dive when I get back from Hawaii after the end of the month.
Sounds good ... as long as you don't mind me packing a couple of deco bottles and practicing stuff at 20 feet. I need the practice, especially work on holding the stop steady while working with the bottles (switches, stuffs, removals) ... and my back kick still needs some work since I added the second bottle.

My "practice" doubles should be ready to go by then ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

dsteding wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Sounder wrote:
They're all great until the first date... #-o
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Skills dive.

Post by CaptnJack »

Navigator wrote:Wednesday - what time?
is 6:00 - 6:30 OK?
I just got my new 119 tank. Want to try it. :bounce:

Dennis
206-992-6125 \:D/
Yup, 6:30 cove2