Anyone have a Cochran Analyst file?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Anyone have a Cochran Analyst file?

Post by lurch »

I bought a Cochran EMC16 with Analyst from NWSD, way long ago. That original Analyst software requires a registration to use. Unfortunately divecochran.com is no more, and emails to Service@DiveCochran.com bounce back. I found an old email from Service@DiveCochran.com replying to my last registration attempt in 2018 offering a file called Analyst_4_Pro_Setup.exe (which I hope doesn't need a registration). I don't have this file, I must not have downloaded it. All I can find using the Wayback Machine is the free AnalystDemoSetup.exe; does anyone have the latest no-registration Pro version floating around their hard drives?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Anyone have a Cochran Analyst file?

Post by H20doctor »

did You try Curt McNamee ? or some of the Divers from the past who may have owned that dive computer
why are you trying to use this cochran dive computer with Today Technology ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

It is still a capable computer. I would still be using mine as a CCR backup if it didn't die a couple of years ago. My two units lasted ten years before the lcd and sensors crapped out. By then the company was dead too.

That software however is an abomination and insult to the senses of all software engineers. As I recall it only enabled tweaking a few obscure settings.

Sorry, I don't have it.
Dave
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

No reason to bin a good (and expensive at the time!) computer just because it's old Doc, I still dive mine, though admittedly it sat in my drawer for a few years while I was debating dropping $150 on a new screen when mine cracked a second time and was out of warranty. After they went out of business I took the screen off, and made a new one out of $1 of acrylic from TAP plastics...

The software is not that hard to get ahold of ( I have the cd) the issue is that when you bought it you get 3 installations, then the license key locks up and you are SOL. I e-mailed them when they were still in business, and the response was that I was welcome to pay for it again (it was stupid expensive). :angry:

The software is truly awful, but it does let you adjust settings in the computer, as well as download your profiles. Since I have the software all I need is a way to spoof the license checker to think it has a valid key. I don't believe the security is all that sophisticated, just over my head.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

H20doctor wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 pm did You try Curt McNamee ?
I don't believe I know Mr. McNamee, or if I've met him it's been a long time... Would he be ok with someone passing his contact info to me?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Well my personal opinion is shearwater would be the answer....
I have two old computers but I don't use them because of the algorithm for decompression diving....
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi!
Did try subsurface? This is a log viewer that works for a variety of computers.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

YellowEye wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm Hi!
Did try subsurface? This is a log viewer that works for a variety of computers.
I use Subsurface for downloading my logged dives, and it works great so far, but it's not able to configure the Cochran.
Nwbrewer wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:20 pm He's a member here - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=133
Thank you!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

lurch wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:57 pm I bought a Cochran EMC16 with Analyst from NWSD, way long ago. .... does anyone have the latest no-registration Pro version floating around their hard drives?
Sent you a PM--
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!