Miami/Key Largo in December

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
Agate
Frequent Bubbler

Miami/Key Largo in December

Post by Agate »

Hey everybody. Looking for recommendations for dive operators in the Miami/Key Largo area for this December. Staying in Miami, so more north end is better, but will likely make a trip or two down to Kay Largo to check out things down there.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Re: Miami/Key Largo in December

Post by Sharkb8 »

Agate wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 pm Hey everybody. Looking for recommendations for dive operators in the Miami/Key Largo area for this December. Staying in Miami, so more north end is better, but will likely make a trip or two down to Kay Largo to check out things down there.
In Key Largo my favorite operation is Quiescense Diving, but they may still be doing whole boat private charters due to Covid. They run small 6 pack boats compared to the other cattle boat operations. I’ve dove with Rainbow Reef and Horizon also. You will be on a bigger boat with lots of divers but they are well ran and professional so you will still have a fun time.
Party underwater
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

I was going to chime in with the same info as Sharkb8 -- Quiescence is great, but it looks like they are still only doing whole-boat charters.
Agate
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Agate »

Whole boat isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I have 4 other divers and at least 1 snorkeler in my group.
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

While you're in that area, it might be worthwhile to take a drive up to Riviera Beach and dive the Blue Heron Bridge a few times. Also Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is a fantastic shore dive as well and would be a shorter drive from Miami. But for weird little critters, BHB hits the top shore dives in the USA in pretty much every list every year.