Tank shrimp from Three Tree?

Fish & Invertebrate sightings and descriptions, hosted by resident NWDC ID expert Janna Nichols (nwscubamom).
coldfinger
Frequent Bubbler

Tank shrimp from Three Tree?

Post by coldfinger »

Can someone who knows confirm if this is a tank shrimp? Looking through Lamb and Hanby, it seems to match that much better than anything else. They state it is rare in Puget Sound and I've certainly never noticed one before. This was down in a crevice and its movement caught my eye.
DSC01017_DxO.jpg
Many thanks.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Tank shrimp from Three Tree?

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. Kind of hard to tell from your photo, but did you rule out Deep Blade Shrimp?
Nice find!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
coldfinger
Frequent Bubbler

Post by coldfinger »

Thanks! I thought about that (I've never seen either one before) and, now that you make me look more, I think deep blade is probably right. There is a toothed ridge that I think is on the top (and not far side, as I had been thinking) of the carapace. Size (~1") is right, substrate is right for that ID. And some internet deep blade shrimp photos look quite similar, now that I hunt there. (It's impossible to Google up tank shrimp photos - 30 zillion photos of aquarium shrimp show up.)

And there was no way to get my camera closer for a better pic. That is already a crop.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Nice find, here is Deep Blade from Keystone to compare with:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

When it comes to blade shrimp they always have the same characteristics body , shape , definition.. which gives them and identification... Glad we can help
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen