New Wide Angle Wet Lens at Flagpole

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

New Wide Angle Wet Lens at Flagpole

Post by KeithBoll »

This past weekend, as the rain finally subsided - visibility on Hood Canal started to improve.
For the first 20 feet - there was a lot of silt in the water - below that, the water opened up to about 25 feet viz - but there was still silt in the water column.
I went to Flagpole to try out my new Kraken wide angle wet lens (KRL-09S). This wet lens is made to convert a macro lens, like my Canon 60mm lens, to Wide Angle. The results were super interesting! I was able to get pretty close to my subject (like you can do with a Tokina Wide Angle lens). The water conditions were not the best - but that, in itself, is a good test! Here are two different pics of the same OCTO (one is right up against the GPO).
I shot these pics at F18 (a much smaller F-stop than I am used to shooting wide angle at).

Also - I got of one snap of one of the wolf eel pairs that have eggs. What's tricky about this - is that as you approach their den - the wolf eels typically cover up and protect their eggs - so it is challenging to get a good shot.

Thanks,
Keith
Attachments
GPO Wide Angle Closeup (1 of 1).jpg
GPO Wide Angle (1 of 1).jpg
Wolf Eel Pair with Eggs (1 of 1).jpg
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New Wide Angle Wet Lens at Flagpole

Post by Gdog »

Hey great shots! Really interested in what you think of that wet lens. The results look promising!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Fantastic snaps!! Looks like a fun dive 🐙🐙🐙🦊🐍🐟😻
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Very nice! I just got one of the Kraken wide wet lenses as well. I've only used it twice, but in pretty dismal vis so far.
Dave
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
RVbldr
Aquaphile

Post by RVbldr »

I've used a Kraken KRL-02 on my old RX100 for years and it did a really nice job. For a $400+ wet lens it seemed to do well.