New to Washington

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
JBS007
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

New to Washington

Post by JBS007 »

Hello

I just moved to Everett and am looking forward to doing my first bit of diving on the West Coast. Most of my diving has beed in the midwest (Quarries and Lakes), the Caribbean, and the Gulf Coast. I am looking forward to meeting some new dive buddies who can help orient me to some west coast adventures. I have been diving actively since 2007 with 300+ dives, but just a couple in a dry-suit. Still a little awkward there. I got my initial certification in 1971 as a college student at Emory University in Atlanta.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New to Washington

Post by Gdog »

Welcome to the board! Keep your eye on the planning thread for planned dives. Also feel free join in on the discussions or post your own. Glad to have you!
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Living in Everett you're just a short hop to Edmonds Underwater Park, which is an excellent place to get oriented to PNW diving and dial-in the gear.

Welcome!
JBS007
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by JBS007 »

Thank you. I'm working on getting my dive gear up here.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

If you are on the book of the faces, search bubbles and suds. We dive weekly in the northend.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
SEAriously
Avid Diver

Post by SEAriously »

Welcome to the PNW! I am also from the midwest! What quarries and lakes did you dive while you were there?
I have only dove a few.

Here's a photo from the bad old days:
JBS007
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by JBS007 »

Hi SEAriously,
Living in Missouri, I dove the lakes and quarries near me: Bull Shoals Lake, Norfolk Lake, Finger Lakes State Park, Pennyroyal Quarry, Bonne Terre Mine,
Table Rock Lake and Mermet Springs. All a lot of fun. Not quite as clear as the Caribbean :), but I still enjoyed diving the area.
Attachments
From Table Rock Lake in Arkansas
From Table Rock Lake in Arkansas
JBS007
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by JBS007 »

Membership pending for Bubbles and Suds. Thank you, Norris
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I got you in!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**