Hello!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Granite
Just Settling In

Hello!

Post by Granite »

Hey everyone. I'm happy to have found this group. I'm really hoping to find folks to dive with locally and start logging dives in our local ecosystem. I'm wondering if people have any recommendations about a good dive shop locally to connect with for buying gear and having things serviced.
60south
Pelagic

Re: Hello!

Post by 60south »

Welcome! Where are you located?
Granite
Just Settling In

Post by Granite »

I'm in the central district in Seattle.

Erik
Granite
Just Settling In

Post by Granite »

Also, any recommendations for getting a drysuit refresher course? It's been a few years and I've really got to get a refresher. Honestly, thinking about just taking a drysuit course again.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Im south of you, Olympia. Im sure some of the folks located around your area will chime in and give you some good recommendations. If not, message me and I will get that for you.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Most of our shops are pretty good, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I'd say walk into a couple dive shops most conveniently located to you and get a vibe to see which best matches your goals and budget for diving. Choosing a close shop means you'll dive more due to increased convenience.

Dry suit is a simple class, not nearly as a consequential course choice as most, so if you like the shop and you like the suits they carry, I'd say sign up there.

Some of our local shops haven't had the best track record for timely reg repairs lately, often possibly due to part supply issues. For regular service, if it seems at risk of taking long, consider sending your reg into octopus gardens in Port Townsend, they seem to be the local expert with a large part inventory.

Hope that helps!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!