Edmonds Underwater Park 20 MAY 23

Looking for a dive buddy? Get paired up here.
bkessler
Getting To Know Folks

Edmonds Underwater Park 20 MAY 23

Post by bkessler »

Anyone interested in heading to Edmonds this weekend? (20MAY23), looking for a dive buddy, just over 20+ dives, Rescue certified, and cold water experienced.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Edmonds Underwater Park 20 MAY 23

Post by Nwbrewer »

bkessler wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 10:52 am Anyone interested in heading to Edmonds this weekend? (20MAY23), looking for a dive buddy, just over 20+ dives, Rescue certified, and cold water experienced.
Saturday doesn't look like a really great day of diving EUP. Currents would be "slack" around 2, but that's a big exchange, and you'd be diving on a negative tide (really low), so you are going to be walking a long ways...

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/edmds/2023-05-20
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Yeah one thing about PNW diving is learning our tides. We have some large water exchanges at times (12 feet) and this causes currents, especially in shallower dive spots. So it can make even mellow dive sites like Edmonds pretty busy in terms of current. A later dive that day (8pmish) would be a little more friendly current-wise. However then you are looking at a later day. Hang in there, you will get it all figured out. There are lots of people on here more than willing to hook you up with info.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Not only a long walk but also a muddy one on a fragile eel grass bed. Advise not to do it mid day.

Viz reports at Edmonds have also been quite bad lately. You may want to wait a while as you won't be able to go deeper to avoid a surface layer at Edmonds.

Tides are terrible this weekend!

I heard someone mention sund rock, that might be a better choice, but you'll have to make reservations.

You could also join us redondo Thursday night if that's of interest. Can't guarantee good viz but we can try and the tide will be much higher.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
bkessler
Getting To Know Folks

Post by bkessler »

Thanks for all this good info! I will keep a look out, would love to join you for those Thursday night dives eventually hopefully one of these weeks works out.