New to WA - Looking for Dive Buddies

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
bkessler
Getting To Know Folks

New to WA - Looking for Dive Buddies

Post by bkessler »

Hello! I moved to Washington from Colorado and am looking for some dive buddies interested in the Edmonds Underwater Park.

Most of my dives have been in either Colorado (i.e. reservoirs) or in the Caribbean. Being from Colorado, I do have cold water experience and my highest certification is rescue (PADI). I am excited to join this community and look forward to communicating with you all!

Brendan
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: New to WA - Looking for Dive Buddies

Post by Tangfish »

Hello Brendan and welcome to NWDC!

From what I hear Colorado has a lot of divers but not a ton of great dive sites. You will find lots of both here in WA!

There are typically weekly dives both north and south of Seattle. Edmond Underwater Park is a well known dive site but also a longer surface swim than I care to do (I’m lazy).

You can also look into Mukilteo if you’re wanting to dive somewhere to the north, Seacrest Cove 2 which is near Alki in West Seattle, or Redondo if you’re willing to travel south of the city.

There are dive site listings here on the board, give them a look. I recommend starting with those that are not current intensive (and thus can be dived independent of tides for the most part).

Welcome!!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

This next week is a little crazy for me so I'm not diving, but I'm usually up for a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon dive at Mukilteo or Edmonds, hit me up if you'd like to go for a dive.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

If you are on the book of faces, make sure to search Bubbles and Suds. We tend to dive pretty regularly. I try to post in here too, but sometimes forget. We tend to dive Mukilteo, Edmonds, and other areas
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi. What type of diving are you wanting to do? I find that tech divers, photographers, reef people, bottle hunters, etc often have vastly different goals so it can be good to find yourself similar buddies.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
bkessler
Getting To Know Folks

Post by bkessler »

Thanks for the replies, I am up for any diving really, trying to gain more experience and just get out there and dive. The week is usually pretty difficult for me, sometimes a Friday or Monday opens up, but weekends is the most tried and true.

Unfortunately no FB for me, but I will keep checking back to see when ya'll are diving and reach out, thanks!
Sousheel
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Sousheel »

Hey! I moved here from Colorado a few years ago. Would love to connect and do some dives. I’m fairly beginner with around 30 dives and I’m getting my advanced cert in October. I’ve dived at Edmonds and mukilteo here, we could plan something in September.