Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend to reopen on March 1

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
60south
Pelagic

Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend to reopen on March 1

Post by 60south »

From an article in the PDN: https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news/marina-in-pt-to-reopen-on-march-1/

I assume this means the barges will be gone and construction complete. Come see all the fish before they're gone! Schools of black rockfish. The new adjacent rock reef is sprouting kelp, and GPOs have been common. Lots of good habitat now, although it may take a while for everything to come back. The barnacles and snails are doing very well.
60south
Pelagic

Re: Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend to reopen on March 1

Post by 60south »

I sent out a request to the PT city council, asking if we could close the new breakwater to fishing since we're trying to establish new habitat and there's been a resurgence of fish schools there. I also cc'd the port.

Turns out the rules for that kind of thing are made by the Port of PT, not the city council. And it's done! Signage will be going up before the new walkway is open.

glenn :norris:

pt_hudson_signage.jpg
pt_hudson_signage.jpg (32.36 KiB) Viewed 202 times
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great to hear Glenn! Thanks for your efforts! Can't wait to see more rockfish there hopefully. :taco:
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wonderful news ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿคฟ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿก๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ––
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: