New "old" diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kirbycook
Avid Diver

New "old" diver

Post by kirbycook »

Another new person to the board... I just moved back to the Seattle area after about a 12 year absence. I went to school here in the early 90's and did a lot of diving. To support my habit I worked at a local dive shop and had a great group of dive buddies. All good things must come to an end right? I had to move to Utah for grad school in 95, which hindered my diving habit a bit. I did the summer trips to warm locales but alas, no more diving in the NW... that is until now. I was lucky enough to transfer back to Seattle last summer. Unfortunately all of my old dive buddies have moved on... I've done a few of the "Fun Dives" at the local dive shops and the novelty has worn off. I found this board over the weekend and was psyched to find a group of kindred spirits...

Kirby-
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Welcome back to the beautiful PNW summer! ](*,) ](*,)

Glad you found us - hopefully we'll meet in person sometime soon! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yes, welcome back! Lots of cool folks to go diving with... NWDiveClub is the place to be!
Last edited by Tom Nic on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Good to hear that you're back in the PNW, Kirby. You'll find some good opportunities to meet and dive with the folks here, we're generally a nice bunch :axe:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Glad you are back Kirby!

Welcome!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Thanks everyone! I'm psyched to be back here... so is anyone diving this weekend? Perhaps I'll post something over in the Dive Plans forum...

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Nice avatar, Mcluvin.
:supz:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Kirby,
hello and welcome back to the PNW. There are a great group of divers here. Glad to have you join us!
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Welcome! Marysville, huh? I'm up in Stanwood. Perhaps we could get together and dive sometime. I'm always looking for an excuse to dive.
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut" bowl. Great group of fun divers that will dive at a drop of a weight pouch.
Charles
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Thanks again everyone....

I'm up for a dive anytime Seth... I'm not very familiar with the spots up North. I've spent most of my time in the Central and South Sound.

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

kirbycook wrote:Thanks again everyone....

I'm up for a dive anytime Seth... I'm not very familiar with the spots up North. I've spent most of my time in the Central and South Sound.

Kirby-
I've recently dove (dived? diveth?) Kayak Point and Camano Is. State Park. Not bad, but certainly not great. If you want a super relaxing, shallow dive, Kayak Point isn't bad. Lots of little critters. I'm also available to dive weekdays after 5pm. PM me if you want to go sometime. :salute:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Thanks Seth... I was actually thinking about a dive or two this weekend. I'm up for anything. I'll PM you.

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Kirby!
send me a PM if you want to try to catch some mid-week diving down on the South end. tacoma/ Lakewood/ Stielicoom...Hood Canal?

Keith :salute:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: