Nice Dive at Mukilteo T-dock today

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Nice Dive at Mukilteo T-dock today

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dove the Mukilteo T-dock today with kwbyron and lavidvl. Vis below about 40 fsw was great, above that it wasn't great. Since crabbing closed last week, of course we saw more large crab around the pilings than we have in months. ](*,)

A few pics -

This guy looks like he had a large bite taken out.....
What type of fish is this? Very cool looking when they swim.
Sometimes you find the weirdest things at Mukilteo.

I think the most entertaining thing from the day was the guy who swam out to the end of the pier, climbed the ladder, and was diving off. (NO WETSUIT, Brrrr.....)

Jake
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

dude, is that a coconut?
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Yeah, and the wierd part is last week we found another one, but it had both halves...... :dontknow:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Joe and I saw two halves last week. Wierd. Both halves did not match one another. One was in about 60 FSW the other was in 30 FSW. I was thinking its being used as bait for something?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Maybe, the one we found last week was just above 100fsw by the log. This one was near the end of the pier, maybe 30 fsw....

Pez when were you there last week?
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

That's me in the picture after failing spectacularly to win the coconut carving competition. :toimonster:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Nwbrewer wrote:Yeah, and the wierd part is last week we found another one, but it had both halves...... :dontknow:
Somewhere, a knight of Camelot is missing his horse. :bootyshake:
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

[i]Maybe, the one we found last week was just above 100fsw by the log. This one was near the end of the pier, maybe 30 fsw....

Pez when were you there last week?[/i]

Pez and i were there friday night last week trying out his fancy @$$ new "I don't need my buddy's help zipping up my drysuit" drysuit. We were there again last night and saw the coconut again, but now it looks like something is eating it from the edge of the broken shell inward...? Personally i think it is an attempt to lure tropical more colorfull fish to our area. You know, smell travels very far underwater.... #-o

Also, nice monty python reference. "That depends, an African swallow or a European swallow?"
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I was there yesterday afternoon and saw alot of crab and my first Octo at this tite, a small guy, right under the end of the dock.

Though my buddies wife, non-diver, did notice a guy taking a full bag of crab to his car. He exited while we were still under.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
decodiver25
Aquaphile

Post by decodiver25 »

awsome sounds like it was a great dive...muk is one of my all time favorite places!!!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Penopolypants wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:Yeah, and the wierd part is last week we found another one, but it had both halves...... :dontknow:
Somewhere, a knight of Camelot is missing his horse. :bootyshake:
BRILLIANT!
I was trying to put something together about African Swallows, but that was much better.

-Ben
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

airsix wrote:
BRILLIANT!
I was trying to put something together about African Swallows, but that was much better.

-Ben
Thanks! :)