Anyone interested in a Barview Dive on 9/22????

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Anyone interested in a Barview Dive on 9/22????

Post by BUZO71 »

I'm planning a dive to Barview and was hoping Sparky could gimme the 411 on this place. :book: I'm also trying to rally a group for the dive. I need to get in the water, I had to take last weeknd off ](*,)
Fortes fortuna iuvat
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

411 on Barview Jetty

be realy realy sure on your tides and curent
I have not as yet made this dive but I am told it is well worth the effort of climbing over the rocks and shelpping the gear back at the end of the dive.
Looking at the tides for Garibaldi for 9/22/07
AM Low 04:00am mean low is 0.4ft
AM High Tide is at 10:51 Mean High is 5.5 ft

if I was doing this dive I would plan to be in the water at 08:00 am
riding the tail end of the flood in. Im told this is a grate Drift dive

for a second dive I would concider doing the three graces at slack or maybe doing Neatarts .

I havent heard what kind of weather was expected for this saturday yet but you know that can be big factor on your dive waves have been known to brake all the way down the jetty

Im not sure if im going to be able to dive yet this weekend have to see what the spouseal unit has to say on the matter Ill have to get back to you later on this one

I was thinking of diving Netarts againe you know how much I love that dive

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

Where the heck is Barview?
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Oregon?
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Sea of Green wrote:Where the heck is Barview?
See if you would come down to the oregon Coast you could find out for your self
one can never have to many places to dive you know

Barview Jetty is just north of the town of Garibaldi at most 3 miles out side of town

and there is also the 3 Graces three large rocks close to gether that you could dive at slack tide

or for you guys diving doubles you could start at the Barview Jetty and drift in to the 3 Graces . I have offten thought that would be a fun dive but I am not diving doubles yet

come down some time Ill be more then glad tointroduce you to Oregon Coast diving we have a few good spots here

you would be more then welcome any time
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

sparky wrote:
See if you would come down to the oregon Coast you could find out for your self
one can never have to many places to dive you know

Barview Jetty is just north of the town of Garibaldi at most 3 miles out side of town

and there is also the 3 Graces three large rocks close to gether that you could dive at slack tide

or for you guys diving doubles you could start at the Barview Jetty and drift in to the 3 Graces . I have offten thought that would be a fun dive but I am not diving doubles yet

come down some time Ill be more then glad tointroduce you to Oregon Coast diving we have a few good spots here

you would be more then welcome any time
Sparky
I looked it up on Mapquest, Garibaldi is about 4 hrs from Seattle. Definitely an overnighter, but it's an hour from Vancouver, where I have relatives. I just may take you up on that sometime, I'm always interested in exploring new spots.
Last edited by Sea of Green on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

well come on down love to show you around

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sea of Green wrote:
sparky wrote:

I looked it up on Mapquest, Garibaldi is about 4 hrs from Seattle. Definitely an overnighter, but it's an hour from Vancouver, where I have relatives. I just may take you up on that sometime, I'm always interested in exploring new spots.
:crybaby: :crybaby: Us Oregon divers usually drive almost 4 hours every time we go diving up in Washington. During the summer it is not unusual for me to drive 3000 miles a month when I dive every weekend.
Charles
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

dude, i used to drive up to whistler from seattle to ski ... by myself sometimes ... and i have been known to do it as a day trip!
when it's worth it, it's just worth it, you know? :supz:
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

OK, so far, three for barview... anyone else? We are going to show at about 9am for a couple of dives....
Fortes fortuna iuvat
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

BUZO71 wrote:OK, so far, three for barview... anyone else? We are going to show at about 9am for a couple of dives....
9:00 heck by then I will be on my second dive
heading to the boat ramp to dive with Doug againe
if things are to rough at the jetty come see us at the boat ramp

im going to try to make 3 dives if the tides will wrk out for me
or atleast two long dives

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

ended up north of Garibaldi yesterday..... I didn't see your post until today Sparky or we probably would have met ya. Was the vis any beter at the ramp? It was terrible where we were. We did two dives there.
Fortes fortuna iuvat
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

BUZO71 wrote:ended up north of Garibaldi yesterday..... I didn't see your post until today Sparky or we probably would have met ya. Was the vis any beter at the ramp? It was terrible where we were. We did two dives there.
Not realy bro

We only made 2 dives as well vis was just rotten but we suffered through I even got a few good pictures of some of the smaller critters at netarts

had a grate time though

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man