Moved to Seattle from the San Juan Islands- need buddy!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Keyes
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Moved to Seattle from the San Juan Islands- need buddy!

Post by Keyes »

Hey
Im new to Seattle. I only have a knowledge of the Northern dive areas (mukilteo, the san juans and vancouver island), and was wondering if anybody needs a dive buddy. I do alot of types of dives, and will be there to dive just as much as I can, I really feel like checkin out the dives around here. Im just a 22 yr old, but Im safe all of the time and sober 24/7.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to the group! =D>

I've never met anyone that willingly moved to Seattle from the San Juan Islands. I suspect that insanity might possibly be playing a role in this....why would I want to dive with an insane person? :smt064

- John

(just in case my sarcasm is TOO subtle....this is a joke!)
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome Keyes...

Come on now John.. The reason is, he obviously moved here to be closer to all of us Seattle area divers.. If not, then yes Keyes you are insane.. ;)

Hope to see you in the water soon!

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Keyes
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Keyes »

oh. Its because Im 22. how am I gonna meet girls on the islands? tourists? :vom:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Ah, yes the insanity of youth! Understandable I guess.

Good for you we have some nice diving in this area too!

Girls.. He moved to meet girls! I keep telling my single girlfriends to get certified to meet guys but do they listen? Of course not. Here's proof!! ;)

Well anywho.. Welcome Keyes to the club.. Hopefully you will find a good buddy soon.. I have some good guys I dive with pretty regular, but I'll try to post our dives and you are welcome to join in anytime you can make those..
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Keyes wrote:oh. Its because Im 22. how am I gonna meet girls on the islands? tourists? :vom:
Tourists!!! \:D/ I have a friend in Maui who... hmmmm... nevermind, this is a family friendly board. #-o
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Keyes wrote:oh. Its because Im 22. how am I gonna meet girls on the islands? tourists? :vom:
Heck yeah you meet girls on islands ... but you gotta pick the right islands.

Tourists? Dude, at your age the best relationships are the ones that last about a week ... :supz:

Seattle's a friendly town and all ... but if I was a diver at 22 I'd be thinking more along the lines of Coz, Keys, Caymen, or Curacao ... \:D/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Grateful Diver wrote:Dude, at your age the best relationships are the ones that last about a week ... :supz:
:laughing3: =D>
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Welcome.
You should have no trouble finding dive buddies around here.
We log alot of bottom time here.

Good luck with the girls.
I have a 21 year old daughter who dives but her boyfriend doesn't like her dating. \:D/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Heck yeah you meet girls on islands ... but you gotta pick the right islands.

Tourists? Dude, at your age the best relationships are the ones that last about a week ... :supz:

Seattle's a friendly town and all ... but if I was a diver at 22 I'd be thinking more along the lines of Coz, Keys, Caymen, or Curacao ... \:D/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
You need to see the famous DiveRite trans-pac marketing poster... you'll be on the next plane to a spring break hot-spot, forever. Some people report seeing divers in a variety of situations on that poster, but I've yet to see anything but yellow. :smt119
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!