Saturday June 24 dive @ Cove 3 - 5pm

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Saturday June 24 dive @ Cove 3 - 5pm

Post by Tangfish »

Is anyone down to go diving around 10am on Saturday? I'm thinking 2 tanks. The weather should be nice, slack is at 10:45.
Last edited by Tangfish on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Where?!?!? :bounce:
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Hee-hee, yeah ... where? ](*,)
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hmmmm.....uhm, well let's see:

there's a pretty huge exchange and it's the weekend, so lots of divers in the water. Maybe Redondo, or Cove 2? I know. not very imaginative. Any suggestions?

Diverdown, are you able to join?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Either are good for me, although Cove 2 is much closer. It's a mad house on the weekend though especially if there is a class.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Im going to be doing a boat dive of gedney island (hat) on sat.
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Is anyone planning on still doing this dive in the morning? Pipeline? Bueller ... anyone?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

If we're doing a dive at Cove 2, do you guys mind if we move to the afternoon? I just got some new tanks and I want to twin them up and dive them. So, I have to get my butt to the dive shop and migrate my rig to the new tanks.

Calvin
trancealot
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by trancealot »

hi! i just found out about this club and am looking to do a dive this saturday. the afternoon would out well for me. let me know if its still on. thx.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'd like to join you guys if possible. I'm doing a couple of dives in Port Townsend this evening, but I'll check the board tonight and in the morning...

Tom Nic
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I can meet at Cove 2 around 3pm, if anyone's interested.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Sounds good to me. I'd like to be sure someone is going to show up though. I've been dinged twice already at Alki. #-o
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I could probably do later- 5-ish. I'm working 'till 4. You doing 1 or 2 dives?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I always show up. I'll be diving doubles, so 2 dives is fine with me, or one really long one. Nailer, I'd like to dive. 5 is getting pretty late, could we make sure we're into the water promptly?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I can be there whenever. I'll keep an eye on the post. I will be diving singles. :salute:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Okay, I just heard from my fellow DM candidate and we decided to do our mapping project of Cove 3. Nailer, are you able to help? If so then we'll go for 5pm, if not then it'll be 3. Seargent Pepper, you're welcome to come along just to dive, but just know ahead of time that we'll be running a reel and measuring some distances. :salute:
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I would still like to dive, and would be happy to help with your mapping project however I can. Just nail down the time (sorry for the pun). =D>
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, sure- I'll be there by 5; earlier if I can, and I'd be happy to help out. No problem getting in the water right away- I'm usually bobbing around in the shallows waiting for everyone else so I can stay cool!

One question: is there anything TO map at cove 3? I've dived 1 and 2, and I know there's at least some terrain and features at both of them, so I have a decent idea how to go about putting stuff like that on a grid with depths and such, but if there's nothing there, do we just show depths and distances/ bearings to those depths, like a contour map?

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

AAArrrrgh- my bad- I can't do tomorrow- I have other plans I forgot about. I can do Sunday, though, if you don't finish, or if you can reschedule.

Sorry, Calvin- I really wanted to help out with this one.

Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Nailer must not have like my bad nail pun. I am still in if it is on. Let me know when you all are going.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Pepper you haven't been dinged twice, you just make everything so confusing or show up late or don't have the gear or what ever, but get lights and it will happen. :bootyshake:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Starin Darin
Just Settling In

Post by Starin Darin »

Just to give you guys a heads up for Saturday, if you are planning for west Seattle you should know that Kenny Chesney is at Qwest Field starting at 4pm so be prepared for some traffic!
If you're not sure...ASK!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Darin, you are the second person to tell me to watch out for traffic down there. Who the heck is this guy, the 5th Beatle?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Chesney rocks,,,well in a countryfied kind of way. No doubt a sold out show (I would guess anyway) What is the final plan??? Cove 3 at 5???
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Dave cove 3 at 5pm it is,
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.