6-21-06 Dark time

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

6-21-06 Dark time

Post by Maverick »

A bunch of us have discussed a night dive, meaning in the dark, so the plan is to meet at the usual place at cove 2 @7:30pm and get a bite to eat, let it settle and then dive around, well when it gets dark :supz:

who's in?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

How about 2 dives? 1 light 1 dark?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I am usually good with one after working all day, but I may bring two tanks. even if i dive only one tank others may dive two man.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Starin Darin
Just Settling In

Post by Starin Darin »

I'm always game for a night dive but I have to do a couple of boat/anchor inspections in the Hood Canal on Monday and Tuesday. What time are ya'll thinking about gettin wet? I would be in for a 9pm dive but I may be burned out on diving by then! ](*,)
If you're not sure...ASK!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I have to use my old !@#$% dry suit if I go, so I'm on the fence *grumble, grumble*, plus I have an early morning on Thursday so I might be in for the first dive this week if any. Wow, what a pessimist a torn neck seal has made me ](*,)
Maciek
Just Settling In

Post by Maciek »

I'm down with doing a dark dive. I'm not sure if I will do two (day and night dives), but I can hang out while people are doing the day dive.
See you on Wednesday at 7:30pm Cove 2.

Maciek
:rr:
Maciek Waligora
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I would definitely be in for a dive on Wednesday. I would bring two tanks, but I'm not sure if I would do one or two dives. I would have to decide that after the first dive.

But I do love night divin'... let me know if you are planning to go that way! :smt035
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Who's going? :smt064
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'll be there for sure.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

I'm going for sure but only one dive, i have to work early in the morning. I am so excited, its been soo long since i've seen those damn seals!!!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Maverick, I assume you are going if Cuppie is going. You mentioned Seals, are you planning on doing the night dive? I will bring two tanks, and would be up for a night dive, but I would need someone to bring an extra light as I don't have one yet. I'm holding out for the July shindig to get mine. If no one has an extra, I'll just do the 1st dive. Planning on a 6:30 meet at Cove 2?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Hey Pepper, the plan that I know of and made is 7:30pm to meet for food and dive after we eat and it is dark. If you made planns to dive before then super but there is only one dive i know of and that is the night dive, unless nailer is diving 2 dives everyone else is just doing the night dive.

As for an extra light, don't have one and you need two lights anyway to dive at night safely. does anyone here own four lights and can loan two to pepper?

Lets not make this comfusing guys, 730pm cove2, eat then dive. remember one good night dive is better than two good day dives. Pepper youcan rent lights from the bellevue shop you just have to buy batteries.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Sounds good to me. I may go home, eat with the family, rent a couple of lights, and then meet you at the Cove. How does 8:30 sound?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

well Sgt. Pepper its not dark till 10 so we will most likely be done eating at 9pm or so and roll our fat tummies back to cove 2 so yeah 830 or 9pm is cool dude.

make sure you get two lights bro.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

ok,ok, I'll be there ~ 9:00. I'm from the midwest, so the real late dark time we have here from being further north hasn't really sunk in yet. :violent1: Looking forward to diving with you all tomorrow. :supz:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Roger- I'll just plan on the one dive- seeya tomorrow!

Kirby
Aquaphile

Cove 2

Post by Kirby »

If anyone else is interested in an earlier dive also, I will be there at 1830 and ready to dive.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Man.....that was kinda pointless. Viz was +/- 6 feet. We got out to about 40 fsw and called the dive after 13 minutes. Maverick picked a good night to forget his drysuit!

Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

yeah that did kind of suck, its was like a bit swamp down there. see ya next time.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Geez! Sounds like pea-soup! Last time I was at Cove 2 the water was like "jelly" and I believe it's called a Helocline??? Where fresh water is flowing into the saltwater. It was one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced - I thought my mask was running or fogging weirdly. Dropped down below it and it was fairly clear.

Can someone confirm what it's called? Was that a factor last night?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I feel a little better knowing you all didn't have a good time without me! \:D/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

It's called a Halocline!

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You rock Nailer! By the way - parking is unrestricted on the street at Alki! Parking in the lot is 2 hours. :partyman:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Maverick how do you forget your drysuit?? #-o Werent you just ribbing someone for forgetting there reg? \:D/
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I know diver down, but what happened was I met with cuppie and was putting my gear from my car to hers, then Eric met up with us and we decided to carppol with him in his truck, so i turned from walking to grab my drysuit and returned to cuppies car to get my bin to put in Erics truck and never returned for my drysuit. I just changed rigs to many times and was tired from working and was hungry and well you get the Idea. I left my fins when I dove with you remember. Well that worked out ok because i tried your jet fins and now I dive Jet fins. they fuckin rock and are so responsive.
Maverick

STAIRS.