June 30-July2 Hoodcanal Trip

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

My Wife and I will only be staying over on friday night.
I have to get up for work at 3:00 am on Sunday. :vom:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I will find out if my wife can be there as well soon...

We also would not be staying Saturday night, but will come back for some Sunday afternoon diving! :supz:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Tom,
I Like the way you think!
:smt064 I might even Join you for Sunday afternoon
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Looks like Bassman and tomnic get free gas or something, driving there and back twice, what do you drive bassman? a Highbrid. I know tom's car is no bio-deisel rig. anyway glad to here your wife can join now.

MMMMM Nachos, is that a post dive snack? I'll make some salsa to die for, a big tub of it.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

works for me gang ill just have mollie waite til every one is there and we can take a inventory of food

sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Okay, So, Who's bringing the Mentos and Diet coke?
Or would that be a purchase from Costco?

I want to see Tom do his Underwater Propulsion trick!

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

okay guys here is the roll call I have for the weekend of fun and diving, and diving and diving, and of course there will be more diving.

Trailer:
Sparky, Mollie, Riley (3)
Tom, Wife (2)
Bassman and wife (2)

Cuppies place:
Maverick
Cuppie
Calvin
Jim1
Jim2
Maciek
Nailer

Its a tie 7 to 7, there is room for more if anyone else wants to join us it is not to late.
Last edited by Maverick on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Works for me! =D>
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

You counted me twice (but it was still 7), once as me and once as me with Maciek as my %$#@!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

So what I am wondering iswhat time does every one plan to be at the trailer house and does every one know how to gewt there ok?

I can give directions if need be. I am so excited about this comeing weekend I can hardly waite.

not just for the food and diving but it wil be real nice to beabule to place a face to the names at last.

I took the liberty of calling Ron at Hoodsportndive and he has us on the books for this comeing weekend it is $15.00 per person to dive Sund Rock per day unless yuo want to swim the 100 yards to the site from the trailer house .

I was thinking if some one would like to try swiming that far I could haul there gear in my Ram charger. Except when Mollie has to take it to Costco then Im not too sure how I will do it.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I am hoping to roll in around 1pm Friday. I will need to meet my daughter who is a 1st Lt at Fort Lewis for dinner. Not sure if I will need to go back to Olymbia or if she can come out to Hoodsport. If the dive gods smile I can get one or two dives in Friday afternoon. Maybe run up to Triton and do Mollies Ravine or such. Saturday do we bring something for the pot luck dinner? Looking forward to meeting everyone. \:D/

Charles
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky I apprieciate you trying to help but I am planning this trip and If you would have left it to me to set up the issue with ron it would have been only ten dollars. Since I have been workning at a dive shop i have learned small tricks to save money and one of them is too say we are with the depth chargers club and it is only ten dollars per person per day. and I to be honest with you don't plan on paying to dive it both days, octopus hole is better and free. Its really no big deal but I'm sure everyone is down to save some money but thats cool we will tell ron he is so cool he won't care.

I would like it if you could post directons to the rv park though, that would be a great help Sparky and I'm sure everyone would think so as well.

aquanautchuck are you staying at the trailer or are you the one that has the boat and their own place to stay? I am just trying to get a head count.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky and others lets try to get some food talk underway.

Friday will be a fend for yourself day, wether you bring food or go to eat at a restaruant. it will just be easier since everyone will be showing up at different times throughout the day.

Saturday breakfast at the trailer i think Mollie was going to whip something up it sounded like, is that right sparky? At the cabin we are going to eat out, or cereal and toast, or whatever you you want.

Saturday lunch we will potluck. Mollie is going to run to the store either friday or sat when we are diving. we will all pitch in. I am going to bring a huge mass of potatoe salad, homeade. maybe someone can make a pasta salad. the salads we can eat for more than one meal.

Saturday dinner Jim#1 is smoking ribbs all day when we dive, so they will be ready by dinner time. i am going to make chilli from scratch it will also be cooking all day while we dive. again we can have someone make a sald and or whatever. Also Cuppie, Nailer and Myself have shellfish lisences so we will go get oysters, and clams to throw on the fire. If you guys don't mind we will run to the cabin to grab the ribs and chilli and come down to the trailer, or you guys can come up there. we will talk about it when we are all together.

sunday Breakfast lets everyone eat out together as mollie will be at church. we can talk and set a time to meet when we are all there.

Sunday lunch will be left overs and BBQ. remember guys we are there only for two nights so we don't need to much food, but we are 14 people. Feel free to bring what ever you want as far as food goes, the more we all contribute the less mollie has to buy. So if everyone brings some soda, chips, salsa, paper plates, and plastic forks and cups, and you get the idea right.

so please stay up to date with postings as this is the last week we have to plan it and I can only veiw the site in the evening, as i don't have the net at work.

We will have nailer or sparky with their trucks do tank fill runs and shuttle wet divers around. don't forget to bring hangers and what ever else you need to hang gear to dry.

Bring TP for your ass, the last thing we need is to have ribs and chilli and no ass wipes.

who was bringing nacho fixins?

We will plan saturdays dive times and such friday when everyone meets up. Lets say we have a meeting at the trailer around 4 or 5pm, does that work for everyone? I am not sure when all plan to come to hoodcanal.

People make some posts fill me in on arrival times and such, and try to carpool if possible.

thank you MAV
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Shit guys I almost forgot Nailer is bringing Enchiladas to chow down.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

We'll eat those for lunch on Saturday. We need a mess of paper plates and plastic silverware and such, as well. And coffee.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I will be bringing the Natchos for an in-between dive snack or whenever.
Nothing fancy , just Chips & cheese, so bring on the Salsa!

I will be all about saving money on this trip, so I will not be driving my truck.
The Car gets much better Milage!
Are we getting free air fills?

Jen (My Wife) and I will be there sometime Friday morning, I still need to cordinate this with Tom Nic and his wife for a more exact time frame

I need Directions!!!!!!

Aquanautchuck, If you still have room in your Zodiak I'm sure Tom and I would like to go wth you and Sparky.

Is 4 too many? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I have a space in the campground across the street from the trailer. We will try to bring a side dish since it seems most of the meal main courses are taken care of.

Charles
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Aquanautchuck, If you still have room in your Zodiak I'm sure Tom and I would like to go wth you and Sparky.

Is 4 too many? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:[/quote]

Four will fit. It is about 16' long. Sparky do you still want to dive?

Here is a link to Rest-A-While campgound.

http://www.restawhile.com/directions.asp

Charles
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

This is sounding better all the time! :supz:

Bassman and mysef and our spouses will be there as soon as we can pull away... noon to oneish is probably a good guess.

Definitely want to get in a couple of Friday dives! Or more?!?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

aquanautchuck wrote:Aquanautchuck, If you still have room in your Zodiak I'm sure Tom and I would like to go wth you and Sparky.

Is 4 too many? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Four will fit. It is about 16' long. Sparky do you still want to dive?

Here is a link to Rest-A-While campgound.

http://www.restawhile.com/directions.asp

Charles[/quote]

Chuck I was actuly thinking I would do all my diving from shore this trip to alow others the chance to dive with you and enjoy the boat diving with you
al though it would be nice and I can also spend some time with my grand son as well but thanks

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I just cut and pasted these directions from the Restawhile RV parks web site

From Seattle

Fast route
Drive south on I-5 to Olympia. Take the Olympic Peninsula/Highway 101 exit off of I-5. Follow Highway 101 north past Shelton and Hoodsport. Rest-A-While is 3 miles north of Hoodsport at MP 329 on Highway 101. Total driving time is 2 hours.

Scenic route
Drive south on I-5 to Tacoma. Take the highway 16 exit across the Tacoma Narrows bridge to Highway 3. Follow highway 3 south to Belfair. Just south of Belfair turn onto highway 106. Follow highway 106 along the south shore of Hood Canal to highway 101. Go north on highway 101. Rest-A-While is 3 miles north of Hoodsport at MP 329 on highway 101. Total driving time is 3 hours.

Ferry route
From the downtown Seattle ferry terminal, take the Bremerton ferry to Bremerton. In Bremerton, follow the signs to highway 3 south towards Belfair. Just south of Belfair, turn onto highway 106. Follow highway 106 along the south shore of Hood Canal to highway 101. Go north on highway 101. Rest-A-While is 3 miles north of Hoodsport at MP 329 on highway 101. Total driving time from Bremerton is 1.5 hours.
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Hey all, I was told there may still be room on this trip. So far, I've dived with Cuppie, Maverick, Erik, Calvin, Sparky and lostinbrownsmead, so I know a few of the attendees. If there is no room, I may still be up to coming out for the day in the morning on Saturday and enjoying the company. What's the current story on this party?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Seargent Pepper wrote:Hey all, I was told there may still be room on this trip. So far, I've dived with Cuppie, Maverick, Erik, Calvin, Sparky and lostinbrownsmead, so I know a few of the attendees. If there is no room, I may still be up to coming out for the day in the morning on Saturday and enjoying the company. What's the current story on this party?
Far as I know there is still room at the trailer but check with MAVE to make sure if not you could always crash on the floor any how I plan to do more diving then sleeping any how.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

What he is not certified yet Sparky? Heck my grandson is 7 months old and I am already reading the Open Water manuel to him. \:D/
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

aquanautchuck wrote:What he is not certified yet Sparky? Heck my grandson is 7 months old and I am already reading the Open Water manuel to him. \:D/

no he is not but he does know how to breath through my reg. he just started playing with it last week

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man