New diver looking for buddies!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

New diver looking for buddies!

Post by NeMEed »

Hi!

I just got my PADI Open Water Certification and I need to find some buddies to dive with!
:supz:

I've only done my 4 certifying dives so far, so I'm a big newbie! lol Oh and I'm in the Tacoma area. :)

Other than that......don't know what to say!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Welcome NeMEed and you will find a full range of divers here. I myself just got NAUI certified this year and have only 6 dives. I have not been diving since July 21 and really need to go diving. Just keep checking for dive plans and trips these guys are always diving. I just need to get out and dive with them.

I will tell you this when you do dive be ready cause everyone has different hand signals depending on what certification and experience. Just start out slow and if you dont feel comfortable about a dive DO NOT dive. Just be safe and stay alive to dive again.
Jeff Castor
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

pogiguy05 wrote:Welcome NeMEed and you will find a full range of divers here. I myself just got NAUI certified this year and have only 6 dives. I have not been diving since July 21 and really need to go diving. Just keep checking for dive plans and trips these guys are always diving. I just need to get out and dive with them.

I will tell you this when you do dive be ready cause everyone has different hand signals depending on what certification and experience. Just start out slow and if you dont feel comfortable about a dive DO NOT dive. Just be safe and stay alive to dive again.
Lol Living is good! :axe: lol Thanks for the advice!! :)
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Welcome NeMEed! This is an awesome place to get hooked up with experienced divers! There are lots down your way that would probably love to dive with you. As for me, if you're ever up in my neck of the woods, let me know and we'll get together and get wet! :partyman:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Welcome NeMEed!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

welcome to the forum! as a fellow newbie, i can honestly say that this is a great group of folks who have a TON of knowledge and support to offer. :supz:

hope to see you around! :salute:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey there and welcome! There is loads of information here to keep you busy and feel free to as questions. Most of all, get out and get wet!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Welcome to our club! What days are you available to dive?
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: New diver looking for buddies!

Post by Pez7378 »

NeMEed wrote:Hi!

I just got my PADI Open Water Certification and I need to find some buddies to dive with!
:supz:
Welcome NeMEed! You'll find no shortage of Dive Buddies here at NWDC! As others have said, there is a wealth of information, and loads of folks willing to offer advice and opinion. More importantly, there are a whole bunch of people looking to dive, and it doesn't matter how much experience you have, spend some time here and you will gain as much experience as you want. Let's see here now, so far I have met on NWDC, Sounder, Penopolypants, Enigmatic ( Hey where is Matt anyway?) ZenDiver, Bnboly, Calvin, Pinkpadigal, H2ODoctor, Jeff98208, Nailer99, Burntchef, NWBrewer, Decodiver, DiveAddict (Hi Julia!), NWscubamom (at Three Tree and TLC), Tom Nic, Spatman, DiverNick, DiverC, Bubblemaker, RJArnold, and many more Im sure! After awhile you know more people by their Board name than by their real names. So get busy! Get out and Dive, and get out and meet some of these great people!

I remembered Cardiver! (Sorry Ron) I know there's more! Hmmmm
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: New diver looking for buddies!

Post by Tom Nic »

Pez7378 wrote:I Let's see here now, so far I have met on NWDC, Sounder, Penopolypants, Enigmatic ( Hey where is Matt anyway?) ZenDiver, Bnboly, Calvin, Pinkpadigal, H2ODoctor, Jeff98208, Nailer99, Burntchef, NWBrewer, Decodiver, DiveAddict (Hi Julia!), NWscubamom (at Three Tree and TLC), Tom Nic, Spatman, DiverNick, DiverC, Bubblemaker, RJArnold, and many more Im sure! After awhile you know more people by their Board name than by their real names. So get busy! Get out and Dive, and get out and meet some of these great people!

I remembered Cardiver! (Sorry Ron) I know there's more! Hmmmm
Dude... Pez... you've been busy! That's gotta be some kind of record or something! :supz:

Welcome NeMEed... I'm another South end diver diving at least once a week. I'm sure we'll hook up before long!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Wow, Pez. You actually keep track! =D>
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver

Ratfish piss me off.
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome NeMEed. i am north end diver myself diving at least 2 times a week.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

Thanks for the welcome guys! :D

Pez, WOW! That's a lot! :p lol =D>

I'm available most Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Welcome

Post by Scubak »

I'm in the Southe End of Puget Sound.
I dive anywhere from Hood Canal, Les Davis, Day Island Wall up to Redondo, Alki or Edmonds and anywhere else the tides and vis are good.
Let me know if ya wanna hook up. I'm pretty open to diving and this goes for any buddy that wants to get out.
Kirsten
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Welcome, if you ever come north you are welcome to join us just give a shout.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Welcome. I am available to dive on Mondays.
Only way to get rid of your Newbie status is to get out and get diving.

Give me a shout when you have a Monday free for diving.
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

Thanks! I currently have some school things I have to deal with, but as soon as I'm done with that I'll give you guys a shout! :) :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Welcome ( and thanks for remembering me, Pez)
I'm off Mondays at 3 and can dive any time after that. I live in Enumclaw, so I'm about 40 minutes from Les and 30 from Redondo.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

NeMEed wrote:Thanks! I currently have some school things I have to deal with, but as soon as I'm done with that I'll give you guys a shout! :) :supz:
School things? Dude, where are your priorities! :smt064 :toimonster:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver

Ratfish piss me off.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Now now Seth, the poor guy needs to learn to do something to pay for his habit, er I mean hobby....
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

TCWestby wrote: his habit, er I mean hobby....

:evil4:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver

Ratfish piss me off.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hi NeMEed,
I think you will have no problem finding good buddies to dive with here. I hope you enjoy the forums and welcome to the club!

Ken
NeMEed
Getting To Know Folks

Post by NeMEed »

TCWestby wrote:Now now Seth, the poor guy needs to learn to do something to pay for his habit, er I mean hobby....
lol unfortunately true. :book: lol

Other than the guy part that is; I'm female ;) rofl!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

NeMEed wrote:Other than the guy part that is; I'm female ;) rofl!
That's why it's a good idea to put your First name on at least your intro post. Avoids confusion.

Welcome by the way.

Jake
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Welcome! And cute avatar! Is that your baby?

I'm often available to dive on Sundays & Mondays. We'll get you into the water soon!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option