New dive scheduling tool

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Heh, neat-o. I was just playing around with it and the first 'problem' I ran into was - how do you find dive buddies on there? I see where you can enter them but if you don't know their name (or maybe you don't even know them yet?), how would you go about finding a person?

Can you view other peoples' dive calendars? I just think it would be interesting to see Grateful Diver's calendar to see if he ever takes a day off ;)
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hey rj,

I have been using the planyourdive with Jared for a few months now. You can view someones calendar if they are your buddy.. You can send someone a buddy request if you know their email.. Something simple to get if you send someone a pm I am sure..

I believe eventually Jared wants it available to all divers everywhere.. That lofty goal of his is lodged somewhere between complete world domination and remembering to eat breakfast (which he actually does have trouble remembering). So I think that we are still in the beta phase..

So I think what rjarnold is asking for Jared, is a search by name or search by email function... What do you think, is that hard to incorporate?
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
rjarnold
Submariner

Post by rjarnold »

Or maybe a feature for "Hey, I'm looking for more dive buddies, please contact me if you're looking too!" That would take away the problems of some people getting swamped with too many requests.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

rjarnold wrote:Or maybe a feature for "Hey, I'm looking for more dive buddies, please contact me if you're looking too!" That would take away the problems of some people getting swamped with too many requests.
That would be good, or perhaps an "Open Dives" section where you can post a dive that you're going to do and don't mind if other attend. That would avoid the instructor liability issue.

Jake
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

That sounds like an excellent idea. Maybe a coding system or something for beginner/intermediate/advanced dives?
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Definately looks interesting, I'v thought something like this would be interesting. I'll get my regular buddies hooked up and give it a whirl.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....