Suggestions and/or dive buddies in Blaine, WA - 11/23-11/25

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
jcander
Frequent Bubbler

Suggestions and/or dive buddies in Blaine, WA - 11/23-11/25

Post by jcander »

I'll be in Blaine, WA next weekend and would love to get in a few dives preferably on Saturday and/or Sunday morning. Can anyone suggest a few sites in Birch Bay, Boundary Bay or Bellingham? Better yet, does anyone have any local dives planned during these dates?
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Birch Bay is a shallow, mud hole. I don't recommend it. You could try Boulevard Park (in Fairhaven). If you stay to the left (south), you can dive underneath the boardwalk (during high tide only, but it will still be shallow). Most of the shore to the right of the board walk (to the north) is lined with boulders, so there should be some places to explore. There is a large concrete staircase heading down to the water behind the bathrooms which would be a nice entry spot.

If you go to the far right around the point (north), there are pilings from an old dock. There may be some stuff down there to explore. :bounce:

I don't know the depth here, but don't plan on it being very deep. I'm thinking 10-20 feet, but hey, it may drop off like a cliff! :book:

If you dive this spot, let me know how it went! \:D/
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

You might want to PM Seaslave... He lives up in that area and could probably direct you.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
jcander
Frequent Bubbler

Thanks!

Post by jcander »

I may just make the 45 minute drive up to Vancouver :)
gcbryan
Submariner

Re: Thanks!

Post by gcbryan »

jcander wrote:I may just make the 45 minute drive up to Vancouver :)
Good choice!

I think most people who live in that area would either go down to Anacortes to Skyline Marina or go north as you suggest to Vancouver to Whytecliff Park or Ansell Point.
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

PM sent.