One more........

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Solitude Diver
Avid Diver

One more........

Post by Solitude Diver »

Greetings all.

I decided to take a curious peek at this board after a suggestion by NeMEed while on another board. (Thanks NeMEed, and congrat's on your cert). The board looks interesting and promising. Nice job putting it together (to the founders). Particularly since it is all people from around here. Much better than the SB if you can get the content built up a bit more.

I have met some of you, but many of you I do not know. I hope to run into some of you sometime in the future, both here and/or at a dive site.

While I am focused on pursuing a deeper wreck diving path, I still like to get out and have fun in the shallows with friends, both new and old (not necessarily referring to anyone's ages in case they are listening) ;)

See you below………

-Steve
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Hello Steve

and Welcome to our little P O D ( Pool Of Dive-buddies )
I am sure you Will find just what your looking for here
my self I have been on just about every dive board you can think of and I have found that the members here at NWDC are more like me then any of the others

We dive often and when were not diving we are planning our next dive or talking about our last dive

We have Instructors and student alike not to mention a legend or two
and every one in between

here the rule is have a good time and make a few new friends

I hope to be able to add you to my list of dive buddies real soon
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Solitude Diver
Avid Diver

Post by Solitude Diver »

Thanks for the welcome. I’m looking forward to seeing how this board progresses. It looks promising.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:occasion5:
Welcome Steve,
Maybe we'll meet up at a local Dive{site}somewhere!

Keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Steve!

As a newer recreational diver (certified a little over two years ago) I've found this a great place to hang out. Calvin and his buds have done the Northwest dive community a service with this board. For the most part things remain civil, with only a few spankings needing administered occasionally for lack of civility and crimes against diving humanity. :axe:

I love the mix on the board of truly humble dive "yodas" with thousands of dives and extremely excited newbs that help remind us why we started diving in the first place. Most folks are willing to share good information, along with perspective and opinion in a genial manner, and when we get occasionally too full of ourselves things seem to dust off fairly quickly - at least to my limited perspective (as a non-moderator).

Most importantly, WE DIVE! :supz: This is a great place to find dive buds and willing mentors. In that way it is a great service to the PNW dive communitry. It is really more a place to meet and dive than it is an encyclopedic repository of dive knowledge...

Here's hoping it stays that way! :partyman:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to out "Nut and Fruit Bowl" Steve. :wav: :wav: . What wrecks have you dove on? We are always interested in hearing of others dives.
Charles
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Welcome.
This is a great group of divers.

No matter what your skill level there is almost always someone willing to go out and dive with you.
Solitude Diver
Avid Diver

Post by Solitude Diver »

Aquanautchuck wrote:.........What wrecks have you dove on? We are always interested in hearing of others dives.
Hi haven’t done any “real” wreck diving yet. Just dreaming and planning. I have been to Nanaimo numerous times and done some extended stay deco diving on those wrecks. But that is just not as exhilarating after the first time. Just good practice grounds. (Playground is more like it).

I am working on getting tri-mix certified on my rebreather to 250 ft with the goal of going to the East coast and doing some “real” wreck diving hopefully in 2008. My ultimate goal is to dive some of the more famous wrecks in the next couple years (Andrea Doria, Empress of Ireland, Great Lakes wrecks, etc.).

Around here, I am interested in exploring some of the sites in Lake WA, Lake Crescent, and some of the deep wrecks here in Puget Sound. But need to start networking for some of that stuff.

I’d be interested in hearing from and/or meeting anyone who has knowledge of some of the wrecks in this area that are beyond rec limits.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Hey Hey let's go Divn!
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Solitude Diver
Avid Diver

Post by Solitude Diver »

mattwave wrote:Hey Hey let's go Divn!
I'm in. Anytime.

I just dropped my unit off today for it's annual service. I'll be getting back into the water in a couple weeks.

PM me sometime and I'll pop into your shop for a visit.

Steve
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC Scuba Steve! Sorry, that probably gets old after awhile. :toimonster:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hello and welcome!
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Welcome! :partyman:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.