What's your favorite SHORE DIVE???

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Edge
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Edge »

My favorite shore dive in Washington is Day Island Wall. Current can be an issue, so you have to time your dive correctly. One night dive at Day Island we saw 8 octopus, 13 wolfies and a pacific spiny lumpsucker!

There are no facilities at Day Island and parking can be competitive. It is a nice neighborhood, but many of the residents find the divers annoying. If you choose to dive here, try to be courteous to the people who live in the area.

John may be biased, but he's right - ADM is a great dive magazine. If any of you have a chance to catch John in July, his presentation is amazing.

Jeanna
"Helium doesn't reduce stupidity" Fishstiq

http://www.frogkickdiving.com
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

John...thanks for a copy of the article. I printed it and it is hanging in my store. Also, thanks for pointing out the difficulty of this dive. It is not for a new diver and even those who have been diving for a while hesititate to dive it (like me). I remember the Misty. I miss that dive boat. She was wonderful to dive off of, especially in the winter.

Back to topic...Sunrise is my favorite south Sound dive but I won't dive it from shore. Too much work.

My favorite shore dive is Titlow. It is shallow and there is always a lot to see. The amount of life is amazing so close to shore. I also love the showers and the ease from getting in and out of the water.

Day Island is wonderful too but parking is a pain.

I love Redondo. I dive it every Tuesday night and we always have a good dive there. Last Tuesday my buddy Jenn and I found a small GP. We played with him for about 10 minutes. Even when vis sucks, I have good dives at Redondo.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I love Kvi Towers and Dalco Wall, these are my 2 favorite dives in the sound. Then there is Sunrise...that is very cool.
I also like Sund Rock, Octo Hole and Jorstad Creek on the canal.
But my all time favorite, little splash, critter watching, hanging out dive is Redondo. I always find some critters. It is always cool and after you watch a place for awhile you "see" the seasons...what is around and what isn't. At Redondo you just never know what you will see.
I have dived alot of places, they are beautiful, but none compare to the PNW.
K
"Let's go diving!"
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

For shore dives I'm rather partial to Redondo and 3 Tree myself, partially because there is always something to see and partially because they are conveniently close for me. I especially love having bathrooms and showers at Redondo, and the Highline Pier lets me sometimes visit with Russ and Matt.

-Valerie