Hello There! Moved from Phoenix! Help...need to dive

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Lorisis
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello There! Moved from Phoenix! Help...need to dive

Post by Lorisis »

I moved from Phoenix and need to get in the water or at least figure out when I am going to. I tried to post something before but can't see it. Anyone out there?
Pamela - Diver from Phoenix going cold water
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome to the site! I don't know what happened to your previous post, but this one worked. What's the diving like in Phoenix? Does it mostly involve going to Mexico? I haven't dived anywhere but the Sound, really, but if you can get used to the cold and murk, it's pretty amazing!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello There! Moved from Phoenix! Help...need to dive

Post by Grateful Diver »

Lorisis wrote:I moved from Phoenix and need to get in the water or at least figure out when I am going to. I tried to post something before but can't see it. Anyone out there?
Hello Lorisis ... welcome to the northwest.

Getting in the water here is very easy. Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself ... like what town you live in (different people dive at different local sites, typically), and what your diving background is. It'll help someone decide to hook up with you.

Many of us here dive virtually every week-end, and some dive on weekdays too.

I'm certain someone will be willing to help you get acquainted with our local waters ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome lorisis. i'm sure you'll find some one or a group of some ones to go diving with. ok enough formalities, LETS GO DIVING!!!!!!!! later!

jeff
Last edited by jeff98208 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Lorisis
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Lorisis »

Its so great to read something from local divers. I transferred with the Post Office a month ago from Phoenix. I live in Des Moines and every time I drive down to the water in Redondo I see people getting in. I've been diving 5 years. Learned in Phoenix and mostly went to San Carlos, Mexico or on a plane somewhere. A lot of time spent teaching in the lakes in Phoenix ( I am a Padi Instructor) so not much cold water and I am sure I will want help in finding a dry suit. I travel to Mexico and Florida to take cave diving courses when I can but right now I am turning my interest to all the great stuff I hear you have right here! Great to hear from you guys!
Pamela - Diver from Phoenix going cold water
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Lorisis wrote:Its so great to read something from local divers. I transferred with the Post Office a month ago from Phoenix. I live in Des Moines and every time I drive down to the water in Redondo I see people getting in. I've been diving 5 years. Learned in Phoenix and mostly went to San Carlos, Mexico or on a plane somewhere. A lot of time spent teaching in the lakes in Phoenix ( I am a Padi Instructor) so not much cold water and I am sure I will want help in finding a dry suit. I travel to Mexico and Florida to take cave diving courses when I can but right now I am turning my interest to all the great stuff I hear you have right here! Great to hear from you guys!
You're going to fit in JUST fine! :partyman:

I LOVE San Carlos!! (Tucson transplant)... Mmmm Tequilas for dinner!!! I grew up going there as a child sometimes every weekend during the school year and I spent most summers down there with friends in a house on the Caricola Penn. I miss the police in their VW bug with full the lightbar.

If you can dive Puget Sound, you can dive ANYWHERE in the world. The learning curve can be steep, but once you get it you'll be as nutz about it as we are. You've found the right place with lots of active and experiened local divers usually diving somewhere almost every day of the week.

So... if you're ready for some 45 degree current intensive water with incredible 20' vis, we're looking forward to meeting you!! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Lorisis wrote:Its so great to read something from local divers. I transferred with the Post Office a month ago from Phoenix. I live in Des Moines and every time I drive down to the water in Redondo I see people getting in. I've been diving 5 years. Learned in Phoenix and mostly went to San Carlos, Mexico or on a plane somewhere. A lot of time spent teaching in the lakes in Phoenix ( I am a Padi Instructor) so not much cold water and I am sure I will want help in finding a dry suit. I travel to Mexico and Florida to take cave diving courses when I can but right now I am turning my interest to all the great stuff I hear you have right here! Great to hear from you guys!
Well ... we're practically neighbors ... I live just a couple miles from Redondo and dive there all the time.

There's a neat little dive shop in your neighborhood (TLSea) ... several of the folks on this board are regulars there. If you haven't already, stop by and introduce yourself.

Shoot me a PM when you're available to go diving, and we'll try to hook up. I'd enjoy showing you around ... and if you want some help with a drysuit, I'd be happy to provide whatever assistance I can.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Hey, Pam!

Glad to see you here! Everyone - I work with Pam down at our main processing facility in South Seattle and she's "good people". You all treat her right or you'll have me to deal with! :axe: HA!

All kidding aside, Pam, this is the right place to go to find dive buddies at the drop of a hat any day of the week.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our little "Fruit and Nut Bowl". :wav: :wav:
Charles