Sund Rock Sunday 12/16/07

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Sund Rock Sunday 12/16/07

Post by sparky »

So I have been working like a dog all last week and this week getting our ready mix batch plant all computerized and back up and running

well that is all done and now I want to go unwind so I am heading to Sund rock this Sunday to make a few dives to unwind

And the other reason I am wanting to hit Sund Rock is
I had the chance to meet a guy on the film crew staying at the hotel where my wife works

fella I have been talking with ( Rodger )is a sound man on the crew of film makers shooting a documentary on Logging in the North west
turns out Rodge is a diver and has long wanted to dive the North West being a guy from Florida he has not had to many chances so I invited I'm to dive this coming Sunday

any one else want to join in
Tom ?
plan is pretty much as always get there early dive all day and drive home

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Sparky,
Have you checked to see if you can get to Sund Rock yet? I just e-mailed Don Coleman today and he thought the road was still closed. He thought it may open soon but didn't know for sure.
If you don't have more current info, you might want to check.
georgia
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
don
Aquaphile

Post by don »

I heard today from some locals in Brinnon that the road is supposed to open for all traffic from 7 or 8am to 7pm starting tomorrow (saturday). I haven't confirmed that personally but I believe my source is reliable :supz:

If I hear different I'll post something
don
http://www.pacadventure.com
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Iwould asume you guys are talking about high way 30 we dont go up that way and as far as we can find out we can get through going up the way we go we head out 101 and gut over to 12 and head up that way kind of a round about way in a sorts but it actuly takes a few hours off the trip for us
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Actually we were talking about 101 from south of Hoodsport to north of Hoodsport. But it looks like it will be open for you.
Hope the viz has cleared up and you have fantastic dives.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Sund Rock Sunday 12/16/07

Post by Tom Nic »

sparky wrote:any one else want to join in
Tom ?
plan is pretty much as always get there early dive all day and drive home

Sparky
Hey Sparks!

Yeah, i'd like to join you this Sunday now that it looks like you'll be able to drive up... You might want to give Ron at Hoodsportndive a call just to be sure.

I'd like to figure out a way that I can get in more than just one dive though, especially since I won't be bringing a buddy (at least as far as I know - Anyone want to head up to Sund with me?). Last time was nice, but I spent alot of time on the surface waiting for divers to finish their dives and then get tanks filled :axe: ...if you get my drift! :-) Perhaps we can touch base by phone tonight. I should be there no later than 2, possible as early as 1:30.

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Diveaddict
Just Settling In

Diving Sund on Sunday

Post by Diveaddict »

y'all looken for one more. I haven't dove since the week after thanksgiving (I am going through withdrawals) and that was in Monterey during Red Tide, I need to wipe out that memory. When is splash time?[/quote]
Always ready to dive!!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay Rodger and my self are leaveing Astorai at about 4:00 figure a 4 hour trip for us so we hope to splash right about 8:00 for our first dive
and the more the gooder so come on out
Tom we can figure some thing out we are bringing the fella I was talking about from the film crew so there is buddies to spare

look for you around 1:00 is againe a asume
just look for jays Blue Dodge pick up
and my shaved head you cant miss us
any one need to contact me my Cell # is
503-791-9887
see you guys there then
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hi Sparky! It will actually be closer to 1:30 is my guess.

I just hope that I can get 2 dives in...

See you tomorrow!

Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Tom:
Jay is diving his doubles and bringing a few extra tanks Jay has a boat load of tanks not counting his doubles
of which he s two sets lucky dog

and I know he will be bringing his two 95s and a few 80s as well and I plan to bring my 119s and my two 80 as well so we should be good

if nothing else ill make sure we head to the shop after our second dive and get toped off besides Rodger being a FL boy Will most likely be ready for a hot beverage and a warm up by then
sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky I have two set of Doubles Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :la:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Maverick wrote:Sparky I have two set of Doubles Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :la:
Hey Mav I love ya bro but you can kiss my :bootyshake: you know I want to get doubles and just cant afford the bands and manifold right now
so what do you do rub it in
now I ask you is that nice? funny yes but nice no

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man