WTB: Single tank BP/W rig

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

WTB: Single tank BP/W rig

Post by dsteding »

I'm piecing together a rig for my girlfriend, I need a single tank wing (~30 pounds lift) and possibly a stainless steel plate with a hogarthian harness.

If anyone has such things lying around, send me a PM. If not, Matt, I'll be bugging you.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Steel plate? I thought this was geared towards travel?? No kydex to try first?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I have an aluminum plate and harness minus the crotch strap you can have if you want it, Doug.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

CaptnJack wrote:Steel plate? I thought this was geared towards travel?? No kydex to try first?
Well, if I can just find a wing, I'll set her up with my kydex plate and call it good-we'll see how it shakes out. If she's in the kydex, I'll be traveling with my SS plate.

She'll probably be in a 5/4 mm suit, so will need ~8-10 pounds of lead total. The kydex plate would work with lead on the cam bands, and be really light to travel, but a SS plate would work fine as well. All depends on what I can find.

Lynne? You still have those jet fins in a size large? I may take those off your hands, I think they'll work fine for her with neoprene booties.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:I have an aluminum plate and harness minus the crotch strap you can have if you want it, Doug.
That could work too-what brand is the al plate? I'm going to try and find something that will work without an STA.
gomi_otaku
Aquaphile

Post by gomi_otaku »

The Halcyon wings have rods sewn into them so you don't need an STA. I cut small slits and removed them so I could use an STA for the extra unditchable weight.
gomi_
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dsteding wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:I have an aluminum plate and harness minus the crotch strap you can have if you want it, Doug.
That could work too-what brand is the al plate? I'm going to try and find something that will work without an STA.

no clue on the brand- it came with my Megalodon, and has no markings or stamps on it. With the amount of weight I need to sink, I doubt it would be usefull to me even in warm water, IF I ever do warm water, that is. Another buddy just PMed me and told me he wants it if you don't, but I offered it to you first, so let me know.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Thanks for the offer Nailer-let it go to your buddy. Matt just swooped in and gave me a great deal-typical first class NWSD service.

Merry Christmas all.

-Doug
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

dsteding wrote:Thanks for the offer Nailer-let it go to your buddy. Matt just swooped in and gave me a great deal-typical first class NWSD service.

Merry Christmas all.

-Doug
And to you as well- I swear, the hairs on the back of Matt's neck start to quiver when he senses one of us in need of gear- it's uncanny!

dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nailer99 wrote:
And to you as well- I swear, the hairs on the back of Matt's neck start to quiver when he senses one of us in need of gear- it's uncanny!

The dude has serious geardar, aka the ability to sense a sale in the making. Okay, so I dropped him a note-but the geardar is impressive nonetheless.