New years Day Dive at three Tree Point

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

New years Day Dive at three Tree Point

Post by sparky »

Well after a few try's and bad luck I am going to be getting a dive or two in with a very good friend Tony G , Tony and I have not had the chance to dive together in some time and I was thinking that seeing as how Tony has never dove Three Point north that would be a good spot to take him

We will be leaving the house real early and headed north by about 4 0r 4:30 should put us in the three tree area around 8:00 if any one is not to hung over from the party the night be for and would like to come along and help me show Tony G just what all the fuss is about at three Point we would be glad to have the company

who knows maybe my patch will hold while diving Edmond's last weekend with Jay I managed to put a hole in my wrist seal while getting out of my dry suit I got it patched so now the question is will it hold

so what say we meet at say 8:00 or 8:30 and make 3 dives if every thing works out right

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I might meet you there, lets see how these next few days go, think i can get the old ball and chain too, if she get rid of here cold/
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Hey Mav:
that would be so cool it sure would be grate to see you and Cuppie again
I was just thinking about sending you a pm tell Cuppie i sid PLEASE :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hmmmmm?
I have tanks, and the day off?
I'm tempted to join you also.
But that would be preceeding our little club dive on the 3rd of Jan.
I might do just one dive, to make sure all my gear is ready for the 3rd.
Not sure yet but I'm thinkin' about it. Or I might just stop by, watch bubbles and get the first hand dive reports.
I would like to at least get a cover from Mav for my Cobra.

:salute: Keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

BASSMAN wrote:I'm tempted to join you also.

I might do just one dive,

[-X :axe: [-X #-o
Last edited by Tom Nic on Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

BASSMAN wrote:I would like to at least get a cover from Mav for my Cobra.
\:D/ :supz:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Sparky - I've been thinking about a New Year's dive... but my usual buddies haven't had too many kitchen passes lately. Great timing... would love to dive with you again.

I'll plan on meeting you there at 8:00am. I think you have my cell number if you need to get a hold of me.

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

kirbycook wrote:Sparky - I've been thinking about a New Year's dive... but my usual buddies haven't had too many kitchen passes lately. Great timing... would love to dive with you again.

I'll plan on meeting you there at 8:00am. I think you have my cell number if you need to get a hold of me.

Kirby-
Hey Kiby
it sure would be nice to have you join us I have been telling Tony g for some time now how grate it was to be a member of this club and how we dive together offten I have just about ready to join

shoot me a pm with your cell I cant find it any place

see you there

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

Ok, I have a kitchen pass (lol) to do Norrander's Reef or do we have to do Three Tree N? ether way is ok.
al :dontknow:
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

My arm could probably be twisted. I'll see how I feel when the alarm goes off and might join you all. :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I think I can make it for sure but will know after Cuppie and i get hoome from our nice evening out. I think i can do a few dives also. how many are you planning on doing?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If I can make it, I'll bring two tanks - I need to be home by noon though so if the dives are long, I'll probably just end up doing one. I'm sure Sparky will have more than 1 tank.
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

I'll be there at 8:00 with three cylinders, if I can find three trees.
al :book:
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

doing three dives
headed oout in about two hours
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sorry to be lame - Mrs. Sounder was up much of the night so when the 7am alarm went off, sleeping until 10am sounded too good to pass up.

Hope you all are having a great Jan 1st day at 3TN!!!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Three grate dives with even better friends

ave some good shots to share Ill postpictures and a dive report tomorrow evening I am beat only had a few hours sleep the night befor and still have dive gear to take care of and back to work in the am

thanks to kirby anf Alan for comeing out and makeing this a grate day of diving you guys rock

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
kirbycook
Avid Diver

Post by kirbycook »

Sparky, Bob, Tony and Al -

Great dives yesterday! What a way to ring in the new year. I can't imagine how tired you guys were when you finally got home. I was pretty wiped out and I only had an hour drive.

I'm excited to see the pics.

Kirby-
Have gear will travel...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

This was a grate day of diving that can best be sumed up by saying it was all about the Rat Fish
they were every where I even got a bunch of real close up shots I was able to run my hand the lenght of one of the larger ones tail on the under side now how is that for cool

I thoughtit strange how the would cyrcle the same spot over nd over I wonder if it is not breading time for them and they are looking for a spot to lay eegs.

and we found this little one having a brake on the beach

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Sparky,
I'm glad you had good dives. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for my drysuit to be returned. I had big plans to dive all week but they were foiled by lack of a drysuit. And now I'm sick and can't dive for a few days even if I had a suit. Curses. Foiled again.
Be careful, my friend, about touching Ratfish. They have no bones, just cartilage-like sharks. I've heard tales of them bending in half and hitting divers hands & nailing them even through a glove. Apparently it's a pretty severe sting. So you might want to rethink petting the Ratfish.
Happy New Year. We have to make sure to dive together some time this year, whaddya say?
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

WylerBear wrote:Sparky,
I'm glad you had good dives. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for my drysuit to be returned. I had big plans to dive all week but they were foiled by lack of a drysuit. And now I'm sick and can't dive for a few days even if I had a suit. Curses. Foiled again.
Be careful, my friend, about touching Ratfish. They have no bones, just cartilage-like sharks. I've heard tales of them bending in half and hitting divers hands & nailing them even through a glove. Apparently it's a pretty severe sting. So you might want to rethink petting the Ratfish.
Happy New Year. We have to make sure to dive together some time this year, whaddya say?
i know that I just had to do it once.
it was realy odd though they would keep there distance but the did allow us to get really really close

i know what you mean about the dry suit I have to replace my wrist seals

parky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

sparky wrote:
i know what you mean about the dry suit I have to replace my wrist seals

parky
:laughing3:

Now you are doing this to your own screen name?
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

#-o ok my bad see what I get for typing fast
I make a mess of things

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man