Juergensen Marine Hammerhead CCR

Re-learning buoyancy skills or have questions (or answers) about diving a CCR or SCR? The No Bubble Zone is the place to discuss rebreather diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Juergensen Marine Hammerhead CCR

Post by Joshua Smith »

LINK

Too early to know much about this thing, but I think it looks pretty impressive. I also think the designer took a lot of Megalodon pills, but like I always say, "Greatness borrows, but Genius steals!"

Anyway, there's something about the look of this unit that makes me kind of weak in the knees......and I loooove the fact that it can be configured as mCCR or eCCR....or both. (hybrid). And 4 cells! Why not?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

the 02ptima now uses 2 of the hammerhead controllers, very nice looking units. but thats all i know about them.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

It's pretty cool. The hammerhead electronics have had issues (batteries for one). I've never messed with them but it was explained to me that as it scrolls through it's display you can't always see your PO2 which IMO is not a good thing. It's also a little pricey right now.

DM
Dave Mitchell
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Looks bad to the bone (as BJ would say). Similar in some ways to the Meg too.