Apologies

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Apologies

Post by dwashbur »

I realize I went overboard recently. I won't apologize for trying to help people understand their computers, and I repeat my offer to help anyone who wants to, to the best of my ability. Teaching is my first love; it seems that anything I get into, I wind up teaching. I got my first computer in 1987, and within a year I was teaching computers at the local college. It's in my blood, and there's not much I can do about it.

However, in my desire to impart knowledge, I stepped across several lines and made some comments that weren't very nice. If I offended, I do apologize and hope you will forgive me.

I would conclude with "Let's go diving," but looking out the window, I wonder if "Let's go surfing" wouldn't be more appropriate today :crybaby:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Well spoken... let's go diving! ...or surfing.. or whatever! =D>

Now that's the NWDC that I used to know and love!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Only problem: I never learned how to surf! Image
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

hey, no worries. i think most people here are quick to forget. (whether it's their pleasant disposition or fried brain cells, i'm not so sure).

let's go diving!!

:partyman:

(is there a club dive happening soon? any word on that?)
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fried brain cells, definitely. Plus it's easy to forget the real world when you're underwater looking at all the underwater awesomeness.

When ARE we going to do a club dive? :bounce:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

dwashbur wrote:Only problem: I never learned how to surf! Image
Me neither!

I am going diving at Three Tree N Thursday AM, however! \:D/ Anybody up for a midweek dive or two?
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, the scooters helped us make lemonade today . . . Got out through the nastiness and spent a lovely half hour or so under the Edmonds Oil Dock. And even the exit was more benign that it looked like it was going to be. Sometimes it pays off to be brave.

And, as I learned at Monastery Beach, sometimes it doesn't :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce:
ON A WEEKEND! :bounce: ON A WEEKEND! :bounce:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
spatman wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce: CLUB DIVE! :bounce:
DITTO!! :bounce:
Uncle!! :axe: Ok, I'll plan one... geez. :salute: Other people can plan them too, but it seems this responsibility has fallen in my lap lately. #-o TBD, but hopefully soon... like before Tom and I go to Bonaire!!! Might try to make it a big-buddy dive too! :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

SOUNDER! :bounce: SOUNDER! :bounce: SOUNDER! :bounce:

seriously, let me know if i can help. a big buddy dive would be great!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

How about a Club Dive in Bonaire? \:D/ :bounce:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tom Nic wrote:How about a Club Dive in Bonaire? \:D/ :bounce:
i guess it would be a "club" of two... you and Sounder. :crybaby:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Sounder wrote:
Uncle!! :axe: Ok, I'll plan one... geez. :salute: Other people can plan them too, but it seems this responsibility has fallen in my lap lately. #-o TBD, but hopefully soon... like before Tom and I go to Bonaire!!! Might try to make it a big-buddy dive too! :partyman:
That only leaves a few weekends in between, right? I can't believe I can't remember the exact date you leave, since you seem to have I'm-going-to-bonaire-tourettes and can't seem to stop blurting out about it. :bootyshake:

*secretly very jealous btw*
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:
Sounder wrote:
That only leaves a few weekends in between, right? I can't believe I can't remember the exact date you leave, since you seem to have I'm-going-to-bonaire-tourettes and can't seem to stop blurting out about it. :bootyshake:

*secretly very jealous btw*
I will try to make one happen but if I, personally, can't put one together before then, I'll dial it in when I get back. I think a big buddy dive would be great with so many new members.

Well, just so you know we're leaving the evening of the 25th... that's 19 days from now. 19 days until we're in Bonaire, the Mecca of Diving, doing nothing but diving and off-gassing, literally. It's going to be so much fun to go with someone who has the same mission-plan I do.

Mrs. Sounder just wouldn't understand (I can hear it now)... "but Doug, we've already done 4 dives today..." "I know, but we've got plenty of time before dinner and then plenty more time between dinner, and then we'll have time to rest while we wait for the sun to go down so we can do a night dive..." "I get that Doug, but didn't we do a night dive this morning?" "No, that was a pre-breakfast dive in the dark before the sun came up... totally different."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sounder wrote:Uncle!! :axe: Ok, I'll plan one... geez. :salute: Other people can plan them too, but it seems this responsibility has fallen in my lap lately. #-o TBD, but hopefully soon... like before Tom and I go to Bonaire!!! Might try to make it a big-buddy dive too! :partyman:
What's involved in planning one? Anything more than an over-caffeinated individual sitting in front of a computer saying, "Be here on this date at this time!"?

I happen to be highly caffeinated, sitting if front of a computer, and am offering whatever assistance I can to help plan said event.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The last mocha of the day really kicks me right over the top....
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Well, what we call a "big buddy dive" is more involved than that, but a "club dive" is, quite frankly, someone (such as yourself) saying "let's all meet here at this time." Sometimes plans for pizza or sandwiches or whatever are set up too but generally it just takes someone willing to throw it out there to make something happen.

Scott - I think you should throw something up and see if it sticks! Unfortunately I'm hammered until Bonaire so the hardest part for me would be figuring out dates I'm available (it's not good form to invite everyone and then not be able to show up).

I'll definitely put a big buddy dive together upon Tom and my return... from BONAIRE!!! \:D/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote: I will try to make one happen but if I, personally, can't put one together before then, I'll dial it in when I get back. I think a big buddy dive would be great with so many new members.

Well, just so you know we're leaving the evening of the 25th... that's 19 days from now. 19 days until we're in Bonaire, the Mecca of Diving, doing nothing but diving and off-gassing, literally. It's going to be so much fun to go with someone who has the same mission-plan I do.
it would probably best to plan it for mid- to late-march, anyway. give everybody enough time to get it into their calendars and prepare for it.

march 22nd, anyone?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Scubagirl45 wrote:My calendar is currently open for March 22 (I penciled it in), and it would be great to car-pool from Portland with you PDX-based divers, since I already have a 3 hour drive to Portland from over here on the dry side. Just be kind and remember :crybaby: , I haven't been in the water in almost 3 years (it's about time). I would love to meet some of you!
let's see how folks respond, but if you ever want to carpool up there, feel free to PM me and maybe we could work something out.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hmmm.... March 22nd might work.
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Sounder wrote:Hmmm.... March 22nd might work.

Sounds like a plan... How about "Les Davis"?
Good parking, restrooms... not tidal dependant.... food nearby.
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

AB219 wrote:
Sounder wrote:Hmmm.... March 22nd might work.

Sounds like a plan... How about "Les Davis"?
Good parking, restrooms... not tidal dependant.... food nearby.
Same can be said for Redondo.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

KEYSTONE!?!? \:D/
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I want to go back to keystone, I think this time I'd do two dives though, one at the pilings, and one at the jetty. I think one of the criteria for something like this is that the site should not be current dependant though, which keystone definitely is.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

If the weekend chosen is one where I am not working (or in Florida, admiring wet rocks) I would be thrilled to be part of a big buddy dive. So much kindness was shown to me when I was a new diver, one of my biggest pleasures is paying that forward. Bob and I organized a couple of Big Buddy dives, but last year, both of us were occupied with other things (Bob's trimix training, and my desperate and fruitless attempts to pass Rec Triox).

This year, I don't know what exciting stuff Bob has on his plate, other than Indonesia, but I'm done with classes around here for the foreseeable future.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames