Mukilteo 2/12 or 2/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo 2/12 or 2/13

Post by Nwbrewer »

As Kwbyron will soon be released back into his natural habitat I am in need of a dive buddy this week. Anybody interested in diving Mukilteo Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon? I'm off around 3:00, and I work 10 minutes from there. I could do EUP also.

Looks like a decent exchange both days, but 4:00 would put us around slack.

Anybody interested? Any new divers out there looking to get out I'm happy to do some shallow poking around either at the T-dock or the park.

Jake
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

Ya , I am game
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

I'm thinging about the 13th at EUP

However Markerbuoy is diving both nights

Tuesday February 12, 2008
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
call Carl Harrington This is a night dive so have 2 lights
and night dive exp. Carl can be reached at
206-546-0275

Or Wednesday at Seacrest
Night Dive.....very dark. Need to have night dive experience, bring a good secondary light and a good tank light. Call Jim Boon if questions 206-947-0297.
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

What's a tank light?

Sorry Jake, I have to work untill 5:00 both nights........No....wait, that's Wed and Thu!!! Let me check my schedule.

Seriously, Al, what's a tank light? I have a CAN light....is that the same thing?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Looks like smike and I are gonna do a nice shallow dive at the t-dock tomorrow 3:30. Gonna be a slow picture taking dive. Pez and doc, I'll look for ya.

Jake
al NDOF
Avid Diver

Post by al NDOF »

I had the same question. A tank light is a small red/yellow/? floating light tied to the top of your tank valve so others can find you.

I'm just passing on information.
If you're not havin fun, you're doin somthin wrong
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Can't make it that early. I didn't even see the time Jake. The new job keeps me until 4:30. Maybe Joe and I will see you guys on your way out.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I think that most of us have found that a tank light isn't really necessary with a good primary and good buddy communication and night diving skills.

They tend to just get distracting and from my experience things liek lightsticks aren't that visible from much of a distance anyway. Maybe they make more sense in warmer(clearer) waters?

Jake
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nwbrewer wrote:I think that most of us have found that a tank light isn't really necessary with a good primary and good buddy communication and night diving skills.

They tend to just get distracting and from my experience things liek lightsticks aren't that visible from much of a distance anyway. Maybe they make more sense in warmer(clearer) waters?

Jake
My thoughts too. It sounds like the DM/Organizer of that club requires it? If you're diving with me, and you can't see my light, you must have entered the water in the next county. H2O Dr's puny little light requires him to have two tank lights when he night dives.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote: My thoughts too. It sounds like the DM/Organizer of that club requires it? If you're diving with me, and you can't see my light, you must have entered the water in the next county. H2O Dr's puny little light requires him to have two tank lights when he night dives.
I won't say anything about H2O's light, I haven't seen it, but yeah if you can't see your light even on a day with bad vis, you have gone way to far away.

smike and I had a nice dive tonight at the Muk. Vis wasn't great, but below 15fsw it was acceptable.

Here's mike -

H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

Oh Pez, your just jealous cause my light is so bad... Its ok to Hate my light. I think you just have Light envy.. Ha HA .. As for a tank Light I have a princeton aqua strobe.. Its cool.. If flashes really bright and blinds other divers when they look at it. Plus in really bad vis you can still see it strobe from far away..
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

Great pic - looks like I'm just a bunch of hot air! =D> #-o
Just for the light record, that is a borrowed light with dead batteries....
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Really dead, I could barely use it to see the lock on my truck when i got home last night.

Anybody want to buy a PT Shockwave? I never use it myself (which is why I didn't know th abatteries were dead) I'll make you great deal.....

Jake