Ixtapa Mexico in March

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
submarine
Avid Diver

Ixtapa Mexico in March

Post by submarine »

My wife and I are heading off to Ixtapa March 8th! We can't wait! We stopped there on a Carnival Cruise and made two dives with Carlos Scuba. It was a beautiful stop and the diving was great with lot of life. We are looking forward to documenting the trip with our new G9.
Anyone spent time there? Any suggestions?
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i'm so jealous. i was hoping to go there mid-march. looked to me a much better destination than cabo. but i don't think it's gonna work out for me. would love to hear how you liked it when you get back! and don't forget lots of pics!!!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

The last time we were there (Feb of last year), we made two dives and they were fabulous. It is not the Caribbean waters but the vis was good and the sea life was incredible. I have been diving for 20+ years and have never seen a seahorse (not because I haven't looked). We saw seahorses on both dives. They were out in the open attached to some rocks. We are hoping to get some shots of one on this trip. I will give a full report with pics upon return.
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

I visited Cabo San Lucas about 8 - 9 years ago. We did have some good dives there but, I would pick Ixtapa over Cabo in a heartbeat. Also, topside I think there is more to do in Ixtapa. Cabo is fun with lots of night life but there are not allot of other points of interest. My thoughts anyway.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

you're so lucky! seahorses seem to be quite elusive creatures. - we looked for 1 in bonaire a couple of times with pretty good coordinates and still weren't able to find it until someone came over with a big camera to take photos of it. apparently we had been looking right at it a few times; just never saw it. :-) in any case, ixtapa does sound nice. hope you have a fantastic time.

i don't give a crap about nightlife myself - aside from eating. :-) do you fish, too?
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets