So where did the octo go?......

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
decodiver25
Aquaphile

So where did the octo go?......

Post by decodiver25 »

Ok so I have been diving Mukilteo alot for the past year or so and on 70% percent of the dives I make to mukilteo my dive buddies and I go down the the little run-about boat down there at 130ft(depending on tide). Anyway I always take a peak underneath the boat to check on the octo that lives under there. Well every time I have looked for him/her he is there. However on Sunday(2/17/08) I wanted to show my dive buddy who has never been to the boat or seen the octo the fella under the boat! Well I get down there and shine my light under the boat and no octo to be found????? I have been looking on the internet and I guess they only live like 3-4 years or so. Has anyone seen him lately?
When you think you know everything is actually when you know nothing...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, Albert.

I've seen 3 or 4 different GPOs come and go from that boat in the short time I've been diving there. The poor things just don't live that long. Or, hopefully, it was just out hunting.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Where have you been dude?

posted January 14th: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=3660
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

So Jake and Joe and I went down to the boat today, splashed at about 1645 or so. I forgot how damn deep that is. I mean, I know how deep it is but it must have been a foot or two deeper today. After settling in and embracing the narcosis factor, we began our ascent and low and behold! I found a Mermaids Purse! So it was a dive of firsts. Jakes first dive to the boat and to that depth. And our first Mermaids purse. Other than that it was a pretty uneventful dive. Also for those of you who go there, it appears that the line that ran off to the troll broke and is now all tangled up in the bouy line. Use caution when descending.
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

ya.. Jeff and I saw the rope the other night at about 70 feet.. Its broke pretty good.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I don't think it's the same, this one was at about 110.

I'll say this, it's dark down there, but the vis yesterday was awsome. Joe got about 5' or so below me as I navigated through that mess, and I could make out the boat in his HID beam from there.

At that depth my 7mm wetsuit becomes about a 2mm........
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

Wow, it's time for you to get a drysuit man! It seems like you dive way to much for a wetsuit.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sheahanmcculla wrote:Wow, it's time for you to get a drysuit man! It seems like you dive way to much for a wetsuit.
That seems to be what everybody says...

It's almost spring now though! \:D/ Looking forward to those nice warm mid 50's temps. :la:
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by smike »

I only went to 50' yesterday, but did 2 dives and the surface was warm, My temp showed 45 deg - I stayed warm the whole time in my wetsuit. So different from earlier this month.

OK, I AM looking for a drysuit though :bounce: Maybe I can last thought the summer. Need to save up my espresso money, let's see, $2.00 drink, 4 days week... ](*,)

(6'1", 240 lbs) - any 2 scuba unit dry suits out there??? Hmmm?
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

There is a really nice Apollo neoprene XL at smokey point for 500.00 New latex wrist seals, I know the owner of the suit and it's hardly used. Good deal for a used suit! Just an FYI