Hello from Smokey Point (Arlington,WA.)

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Hello from Smokey Point (Arlington,WA.)

Post by MorningDiverBob »

Hello everyone,

My nondiver wife #-o and I came home from Cozumel, Mexico few days ago for our early 10th anniversary (Aug.) and my 50th birthday on Valentine's Day \:D/

I read on Northwest Dive Club for few months and I decided and joined.

Some know and don't know me. Introduce myself. My name is Bob Lew ( Deaf). I live in Smokey Point area. I have 9yrs girl and 11 yrs boy (stepson). I can American Sign Language ( ASL). I often dive in Puget Sound ( most north) on weekdays (most morning) and sometime on Sat. I can go south Puget Sound 2-4 times everymonth. My hobby is underwater photograph, travel, etc..

Hope to see all of you soon.
Have a fun dive.
Bob
Go Dive and Dive Safe
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BOB LEW!!! :bounce: :wav: :bounce:

NWDC just became an even BETTER place for NW divers!!! :bounce: \:D/

Bob Lew is an awesome diver, a great friend, and one AMAZING photographer!!! Bob is deaf so he communicates with those of us who don't sign with a note book and pen - it works great. Bob is a great diver too and I would certainly put him in the "big buddy" category for club dives.

It's fun to dive with and watch those who DO know American Sign, like Valerie & Bob Lew, have a full conversation underwater. I think there is definitely a place for learning how to sign - talk about underwater communcation!! :prayer:

Thanks for the great avatar too!! I'm sure you recognize that picture (Bob took that picture of me on Day Island Wall early last year)! That's still my favorite underwater picture of myself.

Bob welcome to the NWDC!!! I'm SO glad you found us. We're very fortunate to have you join us and I'm looking forward to having you out for a club dive every once in a while! Please do NOT be shy in posting as you've got a lot of great things to share. I'm also looking forward to seeing your pictures in the photo forum!!! \:D/

:partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Glad you could join us BoB. You and I have an Instructor in common. Ironically, his name is your name spelled backwards! BoB. Welcome to the NWDC. We really like to have a good time here. And we like to DIVE. Come on down and join us for a club dive on 3/22!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Bob! Glad you finally made it over here.

Welcome!!!! :wav:

-Valerie \:D/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Bob! Welcome to NWDC! Great to have you in the bunch!

Ditto to all the nice things folks have said about Bob, and more. If you ever get a chance to dive with Bob you're in for a treat!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, Bob, GREAT to see you here! I echo everybody else in saying that Bob's a super nice person and a lovely diver. Best of all, he has eagle eyes for critters. Anybody who has the opportunity to dive with him will see far more than they would have by themselves.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Welcome to our forum, Bob ... I've missed you.

Happy 50th birthday. How did you like Cozumel?

Tell Jesse, Christine, and Kelly I said "hi" ...

... Another Bob
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Welcome to NWDC, Bob!

It's great to see you here! =D>

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Bob!!!! :wav:
Glad to see you here!
Sure miss divin with you, it's been awhile!
You have a way of navigating that just works, always a good dive when your along and you seem to always spot the cool stuff too.
If any of you out there get to dive with Bob, your in for a good dive! :supz:

Heres to divin' with ya soon! :occasion5:

Keith. :salute:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

What kind of gloves do you wear? Granted, my own ASL knowledge is limited, but I would think even lightweight dive gloves would be a hindrance to signing. I've always thought that more divers should learn ASL, though. There's just some things that you can't communicate with the basic hand signals we all use.

Hmmm...I think I'll get my ASL books out and research some useful underwater signs.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome, Bob! We have not met, but I see that many here know and respect you. I hope we can meet and dive together some time too.

-Ben
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Thanks for nice welcome.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

Grateful Diver wrote: I've missed you.

Happy 50th birthday. How did you like Cozumel?

Tell Jesse, Christine, and Kelly I said "hi" ...
Hi another Bob.... Thanks for my birthday. I like Cozumel very much. A reef, fish, scene land, etc.. better since Hurricane Wilma (Oct. 2005).

They say "HI" you. We missed you too. Someday, Let go diving.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
MorningDiverBob
Dive-aholic

scottsax wrote:What kind of gloves do you wear? Granted, my own ASL knowledge is limited, but I would think even lightweight dive gloves would be a hindrance to signing. I've always thought that more divers should learn ASL, though. There's just some things that you can't communicate with the basic hand signals we all use.

Hmmm...I think I'll get my ASL books out and research some useful underwater signs.
I use Atlas (blue) gloves with SI Tech. Two ASL and dive hand signals are little different. ASL is help for land ( no need write) and underwater communicate if some divers can little sign. Sure, I like to teach you and practice sign.
Go Dive and Dive Safe
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Bob,
Welcome, happy birthday, and glad you had a fun time in Cozumel.

I agree with all the nice things everyone has said about Bob and more. I've had some of my best dives with Bob including my only sighting of a PSL.

Good to see you here!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option