Site Update

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Site Update

Post by Tangfish »

I'm updating the site to the latest version, so you might experience some strangeness today. Let me know if anything bad persists. Actually, let Nailer99 know! :violent3:
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Kooky....logged on and got the /parent directory. Had to poke around to actually find the forum.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
jackieg
Amphibian

Re: Site Update

Post by jackieg »

Nailer....sorry dude....it was Calvin that messed things up! Leave it to the ex....
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I cant see the avatars..
Who run barter town?
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Calvin wrote:I'm updating the site to the latest version, so you might experience some strangeness today. Let me know if anything bad persists. Actually, let Nailer99 know! :violent3:
It IS pretty strange! Glad I did this BEFORE I went out and had anything to drink tonight with the guys! (On travel)

:smt119
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Geez! I hope that these changes are temporary! :crybaby:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

OK OK everyone, crisis over. Unbeknownst to Nailer, we almost lost the site today... like, as in, the whole site. Luckily, we're out of the woods now and the update is complete. We'll now have a much easier time updating and there are a ton of new features. We'll just have to be, well, naked for awhile like this, before we can actually get some NWDC-styling.

Everyone, feel free to upload a new avatar and for now know that a few things might be screwy, till I get things sorted out. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. Once the dust settles, the site will be much, much better.

Calvin
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Thanks to everyone keeping this site up and running!

Cheers
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Any reason why we can't upload images from Flikr?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
H20doctor

Post by H20doctor »

avitars are on the wrong side of the page...? and where did all of our color and look of the site go..? Calvin What did you do now..? GO TO YOU ROOM. :angryfire:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

thanks for updating the site, Calvin. i'm looking forward to checking out all the new features this version has to offer.

i also would like to thank you and the moderators for this site in general. this site has become such a tremendous resource and boon to this community. personally, my growth as a diver has been exponential solely due to the people i have met and the questions i have had answered via NWDC. so again, thank you for the time and effort it takes to update and maintain NWDC. if there's any way i can help contribute to this site, please don't hesitate to ask.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

spatman wrote:thanks for updating the site, Calvin. i'm looking forward to checking out all the new features this version has to offer.

i also would like to thank you and the moderators for this site in general. this site has become such a tremendous resource and boon to this community. personally, my growth as a diver has been exponential solely due to the people i have met and the questions i have had answered via NWDC. so again, thank you for the time and effort it takes to update and maintain NWDC. if there's any way i can help contribute to this site, please don't hesitate to ask.
What he said. Thanks everyone!!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Me too. Thank you guys for this site which has become a very important part of my life. We citizens often aren't aware how much work goes into keeping a boat like this afloat. Scripts don't write themselves, databases don't maintain themselves, files and directories don't' set their own permissions.... and if you try to leave it on autopilot before you know it you've missed an exploit and everybody would have 300 PMs from Nigeria. Thanks again, guys. I know you do a lot of work behind the curtain and I'm grateful.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thanks for the love, everyone- and thanks to Calvin for ruining......I mean, VASTLY IMPROVING the site! I'm sure Calvin will have it working better than ever very soon, and thanks again for your patience, all of you.

:violent2:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

different colors. different shapes. Its all going crazy. Its like, Bizarro world... hello
Fortes fortuna iuvat
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I am so glad I found this thread. I was ready to write the whole thing off. I have to admit, Although I work for the Department Of Change, I don't much like change unless it's change that I initiated. I was taking stock of the people I have met, and those that I can contact outside of the NWDC and trying to decide if I could live without it. SERIOUSLY! Okay. Calvin, I trust your judgement because GOD knows you are (way more smarter) than I am. I can live with this for awhile, although it doesn't feel like home. Anyway, I know I would miss everyone and I would force myself to adapt. BUT I WOULDN'T LIKE IT! :violent1:

And I want to echo the kind words of everyone who said THANK YOU Calvin, Nailer, the Mods and everyone else who keep this site running.
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Wow, the new look is going to take getting used to but what about the avitars? I can't see them.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

TCWestby wrote:Wow, the new look is going to take getting used to but what about the avitars? I can't see them.
You have to reload them, then they'll work fine.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I think I like the new look grate work guys
As usual you are keeping us on the cutting edge way to go
Going to take a bit of getting accustom to but I think I can manage

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Can I make a small request?

Bring back the black background and rockfish banner.

It gave the site much in the way of character.

That's just my opinion though.

I'll go back to my grapenuts now.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

laivindil wrote:Can I make a small request?

We- and by "we", I mean "Calvin"- are working hard on that even now- please be patient, and this site will look better than you ever could have believed, in your wildest, sexiest dreams! Or, at least, it will look pretty damn good, and work better than the old one ever did.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nailer99 wrote:
laivindil wrote:Can I make a small request?

We- and by "we", I mean "Calvin"- are working hard on that even now- please be patient, and this site will look better than you ever could have believed, in your wildest, sexiest dreams! Or, at least, it will look pretty damn good, and work better than the old one ever did.....
:supz: I loved that banner. Looking forward to the sleeker, sexier NWDC.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

laivindil wrote:
:supz: I loved that banner. Looking forward to the sleeker, sexier NWDC.
Me too!

I have noticed that my "topic reply" notices have been a lot less erratic lately.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Just letting you guys know that I realize that the site looks like sh*t. I plan to spiffy it up when I get a chance. Don't fret!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Calvin wrote:Just letting you guys know that I realize that the site looks like sh*t. I plan to spiffy it up when I get a chance. Don't fret!
I don't know that I'd say it looks like sh*t, but I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the place! Thanks for making this place a reality for us Calvin. We really appreciate it.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!