New from Tacoma

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

New from Tacoma

Post by DiverBob »

Hi, just signed up to the board and my wife and I live in T town. We are going through the open water class with Amy at A-2-Z Scuba. This past weekend was our first open water dives and we are having a blast. We will finish this weekend. I have always wanted to become a diver, cant' believe that I waited until I was 40 to do it! I was in the Air Force and stationed at Clark A.B. in the Philippines in the late 80's. One of the most beautiful spots in the world to dive and never acted on the desire to go diving. I need to make up for lost time and am very fortunate that my wife is doing this with me. As Amy can vouch for, she did get a little cold on Sunday! This looks like a great place to learn and share dive adventures. Later, Bob.
Life is good, let's dive!!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Re: New from Tacoma

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Diver Bob! It's never too late to learn to dive, but like you, I wish I'd have started earlier. I actually certified in '96, then did not dive for 10 years! If I had stayed with it, I might actually be halfway decent at it by now. Well, I have close to 200 dives within the last year and a half and I don't plan on slowing down. And my first (and Only) warm water diving experience was in the Philippines Just a year ago!!! I love it there. Welcome to the NWDC!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Put your wife in a Fusion dry suit with a MK3 undergarment -- She won't be cold then!

Welcome to the great underwater world of Puget Soup. You're getting started at a great time -- life in the water only gets better from here through the fall.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Bob and Julie are ROCKSTARS in the water! :supz:

Welcome to NW dive club. This is a great board and you will meet a lot of great people here.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Bob! As another late starter to the world of diving (49 when I got certified) I'm making up for lost time!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Mr. and Mrs.DiverBob! :salute:
I also got certified in my 40th year of youth!
Now diving for nearly 3 years, I advance my training every year when my birthday comes around.
By the time I'm 50, I figure I should have progressd to a rebreather by then!
Hope to meet and dive with you, If you are diving with Amy on Tuesday nights!
I need Amy to lead me to a Six Gill at Redondo, some night!

Later, Keith :smt035
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
DiverBob
Compulsive Diver

Post by DiverBob »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! We finished up our open water certification today at Redondo. Thanks to Amy, Dane and the crew at A-2-Z Scuba, they were truly great! Lessons learned: 1. The Puget Sound is meant to dive dry!! Water temp at 55 ft was 42 and I was cold. 2. Figure out a system to haul around all of the gear and be able to stay organized. 3. Figure out why I am clearing my dang mask every 30 seconds. 4. The low pressure inflater is not to be used as an elevator! Thanks Dane for grabbing my wifes feet as she took the express elevator to the surface after our safety stop!! (that is one mistake that she will never make again!!!) #-o It was a great day and we had a great time. Bob
Life is good, let's dive!!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

DiverBob wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! We finished up our open water certification today at Redondo. Thanks to Amy, Dane and the crew at A-2-Z Scuba, they were truly great! Lessons learned: 1. The Puget Sound is meant to dive dry!! Water temp at 55 ft was 42 and I was cold. 2. Figure out a system to haul around all of the gear and be able to stay organized. 3. Figure out why I am clearing my dang mask every 30 seconds. 4. The low pressure inflater is not to be used as an elevator! Thanks Dane for grabbing my wifes feet as she took the express elevator to the surface after our safety stop!! (that is one mistake that she will never make again!!!) #-o It was a great day and we had a great time. Bob
Thats great DiverBob! All you need to do now is continue to anilyze every dive just like that. What you did right and what you did wrong and what will make your next dive better.

1. = Just bring allot of hot water to your dives in a large Cooler. Until you have enough scuba units for the dry suit
{one scuba unit = $100.00}
2.= Get a large rubermaid tub
3. = Try a different mask or have someone check your mask before you descend. Do you have facial hair?
4. = It's good to learn from other peoples mistakes. Just try to not laugh at them, too much.

Keep diving!!!!!
It only gets better!

Just my 2 cents...
Good dive report Bob :supz: =D> !
Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

You have to clear your mask every 30 sec because of that silly ear to ear grin! Get serious!
Welcome, and hope to see you in the green waters.
Bob
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

nwbobber wrote:You have to clear your mask every 30 sec because of that silly ear to ear grin! Get serious!
Welcome, and hope to see you in the green waters.
Bob
Aha! That must be it. Bob does smile a lot underwater!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com