Weight kit for Canon housing

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Weight kit for Canon housing

Post by dsteding »

So, I've ordered a housing for my A710IS in advance of my trip to Maui. Seems it is going to take a while for the weight kit to get to me-does anyone have one lying around I could borrow or buy off of them? I leave on Tuesday, but am around this weekend and happy to come to you to pick it up.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Weight kit for Canon housing

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm not sure how bouyant the housing is for the 710, but for my SD550 an appropriately sized bolt snap tied on make is just barely negative..... Otherwise I have the bolt size for cannon housings at home, it shouldn't be that hard to rig something if you can't find one in time.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Nwbrewer wrote:I'm not sure how bouyant the housing is for the 710, but for my SD550 an appropriately sized bolt snap tied on make is just barely negative..... Otherwise I have the bolt size for cannon housings at home, it shouldn't be that hard to rig something if you can't find one in time.
Thanks Jake-you are awesome.

I THINK I've found one, Glazer's appears to have them in stock-I'll run by there on Saturday.

I agree, with a bolt snap on there it will probably be close enough.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

dsteding wrote:I agree, with a bolt snap on there it will probably be close enough.
my a610 and housing floated away with a 3.5" ss bolt snap attached to it...
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Doug I think I still have a housing weight from my old Olympus setup at home. Since the screw is standardized, it should fit your housing. Let me know if you want to give it a try ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

spatman wrote: my a610 and housing floated away with a 3.5" ss bolt snap attached to it...
Ugghhh. That sucks.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........