Camera flooded at 90 fsw!!

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Re: Camera flooded at 90 fsw!!

Post by thelawgoddess »

Tom Nic wrote::bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Um ... how did my avatar (my personalized dive logo, no less) become the icon for "bounce"? :dontknow:
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

thelawgoddess wrote:
Tom Nic wrote: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Um ... how did my avatar (my personalized dive logo, no less) become the icon for "bounce"? :dontknow:
looks normal to me...
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

Pez, I think you did the right thing ! It is easy to elaborate on alternatives in the comforts of our home, but in the middle of fantastic dive and down 90 feet - :supz:
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Just an FYI, Pez. When I flooded my SP 350 I finished the dive, removed the memory card, let it dry, and downloaded the pics. The memory card is solid state and worked fine after it was dried.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

cardiver wrote:Just an FYI, Pez. When I flooded my SP 350 I finished the dive, removed the memory card, let it dry, and downloaded the pics. The memory card is solid state and worked fine after it was dried.
good point - out of the two i flooded, only one of my batteries survived ... but i'm still using the cards with no issues whatsoever.
my FLICKR photo sets
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

thelawgoddess wrote:
cardiver wrote:Just an FYI, Pez. When I flooded my SP 350 I finished the dive, removed the memory card, let it dry, and downloaded the pics. The memory card is solid state and worked fine after it was dried.
good point - out of the two i flooded, only one of my batteries survived ... but i'm still using the cards with no issues whatsoever.
What?!?!?! :dontknow: #-o So it looks like I saved the camera for nothing! hahaha. That is good to know you guys. Seriously, the SD card was the only thing I was worried about. The equipment can be replaced but the pictures cannot. :crybaby:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:
thelawgoddess wrote:
What?!?!?! :dontknow: #-o So it looks like I saved the camera for nothing! hahaha. That is good to know you guys. Seriously, the SD card was the only thing I was worried about. The equipment can be replaced but the pictures cannot. :crybaby:
...but then you wouldn't have had a kick-a$$ story to tell!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

and now you can use the money you might have spent on a new camera to save up for your next dive adventure! :hello2:
my FLICKR photo sets
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

It sounds like you weighed the "how much is this worth to me vs. risk to you and buddy's" pretty well. If you were carrying several thousand dollars worth of gear, I think I would have attached it to a spool and sent it up we me following. Although, with my new setup I AM going to pay the $99 a year for flood insurance (from DAN) just for piece of mind. (that number is based on what you list your equipment as being worth)
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Romer Treece wrote:It sounds like you weighed the "how much is this worth to me vs. risk to you and buddy's" pretty well. If you were carrying several thousand dollars worth of gear, I think I would have attached it to a spool and sent it up we me following. Although, with my new setup I AM going to pay the $99 a year for flood insurance (from DAN) just for piece of mind. (that number is based on what you list your equipment as being worth)
That flood insurance is WELL worth it, Dan! I flooded one of my digital SLR system a few years back and they paid off on it without any problems at all. From the time of my flood until the time I cashed my insurance check was only around a week.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

Yeah I've heard only good reports about the DAN plan from folks who flooded lights, and cameras. Good way to go cause ya never know when it could happen.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Romer Treece wrote:Although, with my new setup I AM going to pay the $99 a year for flood insurance (from DAN) just for piece of mind. (that number is based on what you list your equipment as being worth)
Is this the setup you're getting "tomorrow"? ;)
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Romer Treece
Pelagic

Post by Romer Treece »

Oooohh ouch! :angryfire:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

:laughing3: I thought you had that already? So is the insurance $99 on top of the $99 DAN plan? Or is it included? I guess I should read the policy, but then if I admit to understanding it, I'll have to read it to Joe too. He's still learning some of the bigger words. :book:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

DAN's equipment plan is separate from their "in case of bending" plan, and the cost depends on how much you insure. You can put as much or a little of your gear on your policy as you wish, you get get a quote and can then proceed to purchase, amend or decline.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If I've got a perfectly clean record with my home-owner's insurance (and am getting a break on my premium because of it), and get the DAN insurance for gear...

Does a claim under my DAN policy show up as something related to my home owners?

I ask this because I had a claim on a RENTER'S policy once which showed up when I was buying home owner's insurance even though it was through a totally different company. I'm curious if a DAN claim would be handled the same way.

Anyone know?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!