Anybody diving a DC Z-tech?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Anybody diving a DC Z-tech?

Post by airsix »

Wondering about a Diving Concepts Z-tech. Anyone using this suit? Supposed to be a tech-cut suit you buy off the rack. Hmmm... Did it work for you?

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Re: Anybody diving a DC Z-tech?

Post by dsteding »

I have one. Good suit, not as flexible as a TLS350, more like a CLX450. I had DC take an inch off the legs and replace the boots, and I'll probably send it out to have socks put on it at some point.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Very nice suit. 7 year warranty on seams. You will like it a lot.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

only have about a dozen dives on my neo-z but i love it. went from a loose fitting shell to a well fitting neo so i gained a bunch of warmth. for me flexibilty is no issue at all for reaching valves or underwater fight club! i also had nwsd install the dc ring system with the style of no wrist seals and a pair of 5ml neo gloves and am very impressed as well. nailer just bought the z-tech so im sure he will be chiming in soon, but i gotta shout GO NEO!

get down to seattle ben and you can dive mine if you want.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

dsteding wrote:I have one. Good suit, not as flexible as a TLS350, more like a CLX450. I had DC take an inch off the legs and replace the boots, and I'll probably send it out to have socks put on it at some point.
How long have you been home....10 minutes? And you're already back at it?

I have one and really like it. If I was in the market for a drysuit, I'd buy it again, personally.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I have 10 or 12 dives on mine now, and I freaking LOVE it- I'm actually diving dry now, not damp! I think it's the best "bang for your buck" on the market!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I appreciate them. If there are more of you out there keep'em coming. :hello2:
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Help me please.

What is the difference between a Z-Flex, which I have, and a Z-Tech?

I know I can go to the DC site. But, experience says that users like y'all are far more reliable than a manufacturer's web site.

Addition:

Just went to the DC web site. No Z suits. So I guess y'all are THE source.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

ArcticDiver wrote:Help me please.

I know I can go to the DC site. But, experience says that users like y'all are far more reliable than a manufacturer's web site.
If I understand correctly a Z-flex is a heavy-duty cordura outer. Z-tech is a lighter nylon. I don't know if they differ in cut and standard features, but the Z-tech is suposed to be a tighter fitting cut than typical. Also, it comes stock with pockets.

-Ben
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Nailer99 wrote:I think it's the best "bang for your buck" on the market!
That's why we carry it. For what you get it's a really good price.

I bought mine then lost some weight so it's a bit big on me. Not a problem underwater and it makes it easier to get in and out of (though I would recommend getting one that's sized correctly). I've been rocking and loving the thing for 2 years now.

I might look at a NeoZ were I to do it again but only because I know now how much losing the weight I did chills me. Take that with a grain of salt airsix; normal people with proper undergarments will be just fine in the Ztech.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

airsix wrote:
ArcticDiver wrote:Help me please.

If I understand correctly a Z-flex is a heavy-duty cordura outer. Z-tech is a lighter nylon. I don't know if they differ in cut and standard features, but the Z-tech is suposed to be a tighter fitting cut than typical. Also, it comes stock with pockets.

-Ben
Thanks.

Yes, my Z-Flex is cordura and it istough. Even an urchin or a sharp piece of metal inside a wreck have been unable to penetrate. But, valve drills are difficult both because the thing isn't very flexible and because to get an acceptable fit my over the shoulder movement is limited.

Maybe I should give the Z-Tech a look, eh? Or, better yet, since I have to travel anyway just always dive in 3mm or thinner water :<)

By the way; I wonder why neither of these suits are on the DC web site? Curious.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I am currently diving the custom version of the Neo Z: The Pinnicle 200. I love my Seasoft Ti3000, but I wanted something to put drygloves on and that would keep me warmer for winter diving. It is amazing suit. Great flexibility and wears beautifly. I stay very warm in this suit and it is nice to do 1 hour dives in the winter.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

Ztech Rocks, I will have one at the Expo you can check out Ben.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

When I was looking for a suit, I didn't know about the z-tech either. But I do have comments on the Z-Flex. I absolutly love it!!! It's stylish too. You can add pockets easy, and cheap. I didn't even have to trim the seals, but im skinny. I dove a DUI 50/50 on many dives before I got my own suit, I personally like the Diving Concepts BETTER. (Sorry all you DUI lovers)

Sheahan