PLEASE READ: Pacific Northwest Dive Expo - May 3 and 4

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: PLEASE READ: Pacific Northwest Dive Expo - May 3 and 4

Post by Grateful Diver »

Penopolypants wrote:Whee! We could practice buddy breathing with a snorkel!
SImple ... one diver on each end ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:Whee! We could practice buddy breathing with a snorkel!
SImple ... one diver on each end ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
This brings back memories of camp: Crack an egg into a clear piece of hose and have two people blow into the hose (one on each side). Whomever loses wears the egg... a carton of eggs is good for at least 30 minutes of fun.

Getting back to the thread...

I read the post complaining about the Expo. I don't know whether there is validity or not, but it sounds like it was an awesome event and I'm sorry I missed it. If nothing else, ensuring the treasure hunt drawing appears fair to participants is something they can focus on in future events.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Acutally there was no joke intended...I misread the question. I thought he said last name not first. :) I'm blaming my stoopid on Monday too! :violent1:
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I got a kick out of what Stillhope said about Rick's response ... "not my fault, I didn't give those people their names" ... #-o

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Grateful Diver wrote: There's a guy over on ScubaBoard complaining that the prizes were awarded according to the alphabetical order or your first name ... so that those with names that ended in the first few letters of the alphabet got all the good prizes and those at the end of the alphabet all got snorkels ...

... I think he said his name was Zeus or something like that ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I got an email from that guy today, complaining about how Rick awarded prizes. He is pretty bitter. I wonder if he would still be bitter if his name was Aaron.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

There were a ton of mistakes made everywhere but it was the first year and you expect to do a little messing up here and there. But, overall it was a nice show and, hopefully, the same mistakes won't be made next year. For the exhibitors, the next few weeks will tell if it was worth the cost in time energy and moolah. If class sign-ups increase; gear sales get better and travel deposits get taken, then it will be a financial success and will most likely continue to happen.

So now, it is up to the non-industry types to determine if there is going to be a regular show. Vote with your pocket book! \:D/ The vendors spent a bunch of money to be there and you can show them you appreciate their presence by using their services. Drag your non-diving friends into the dive shop for classes and then buy yourself a compressor (big sheepish grin)! Or at least some cool toy that you saw at the show.

Oh, and thanks to all that stopped by my booth and introduced themselves. It was great to start putting faces to the names on the boards.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

It was nice meeting you too, Ray ... might be a little while before I buy that compressor, but I started talking to a guy yesterday about building a place to put it ... \:D/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)