Road trip to Octopus Hole

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Road trip to Octopus Hole

Post by H20doctor »

Thinking about doing a road trip to the Hole this weekend Saturday the 10th. I believe this area form reading the site report is Not current sensitive. So since I am not a morning person, this could be a afternoon dive.... Let me know ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
nwnick
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Road trip to Octopus Hole

Post by nwnick »

Not current intensive - but the current was noticeable on Sunday (first time I dove there). Viz was pretty bad, about 3-5 feet above 40 feet, about 10 feet below 40, temp 50.

-Nick
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Well it looks like a have a family event this saturday, So I cant dive down with the octo's.... with Vis being so bad what did you see...? did you take any pictures..?
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I was there Sat. and Sun. Viz was extremely bad Saturday. Less than a foot at some depths. Went down to almost 70' before it cleared up but then it was dark. Sunday was actually an improvement over Saturday. You can call Hoodsport and Dive for viz reports for the area.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

But even in Bad vis here at EUP or The Muk, I always see something exciting...! So what is this site like...? and what does it have for features....? What is the slope like, are there dens for wolf eels, and GPO'S ???
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

There is a wall there that I have not been to yet. There is supposed to be lots of octo / wolf eel habitat there. I have been told how to get to the wall but have somehow not made it yet. I would meet up there to try and find it if you would like. PM if interested.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

This is a pretty common site you can find reports on it everywhere. There are cracks in the wall for octos and wolfies, BUT its such a popular site that the wildlife gets pretty 'harassed' I think so sometimes you are lucky and see one and sometimes not... there is always cool stuff there though usually lots of nudi's, rockfish, sculpin etc..
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
nwnick
Getting To Know Folks

Post by nwnick »

On Sunday there wasn't too much life out and about - didn't see any wolf eels or octos. Did the wall dive and saw a bunch of rockfish, anemones, sea stars, starfish, some crabs and such, but thats it.

-Nick