WILL THIS DAY NEVER END?!?!?!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

WILL THIS DAY NEVER END?!?!?!

Post by Pez7378 »

So here I am, it's Friday and it's sunny. I have plans to go diving, and this day just seems to be Drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaggggggggiiiiiinnnnggggggg on! I know that everyone in the frigging world is calling in sick, or leaving early because it's nice out and they suddenly decided they're active people and want to go "out". Where were all these pasty white :pale: A-holes last week when the weather sucked? Now that I have to get off of work and go somewhere, traffic will suck, people will be in a hurry to get to where they're going, and I will be late! :violent1: Im totally unproductive here today :rr: , and I want to LEAVE!

TGIF! Enjoy the weekend everyone and take advantage of the nice weather. :supz:
submarine
Avid Diver

Re: WILL THIS DAY NEVER END?!?!?!

Post by submarine »

Sorry for the automated response...
I have left for the day, it's sunny out! \:D/
Matt & Stacy

Do We Dive?... Of Course!
Life Is An Adventure...
It is not the destination that is the most rewarding,
It is the journey along the way!

http://i-rv.net/gallery/main.php
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Yea, well it's raining and blowing here, ceiling is about 300' and it's cold 43F. To top it all off, I'm an hour behind you! :angryfire:

DM
Dave Mitchell
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

It is going by painfully slow. But just think....in 5 hours from now well be at depth blowing bubbles. Tic-toc Tic-toc :bounce:
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

In 7-1/2 hours I have a pool session. Final one for this class, Open water this weekend should be a breeze it's a pretty good class!

DM
Dave Mitchell
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

I'm right there with ya....this sucks
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Muuuuuust leeeeaaaave woooooooooork.

Unfortunately, I have to spend several hours after work getting ready for.........working on Saturday. Oh, well. At least I have 2 dives planned for Sunday.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

I just spent $143,000 that makes over $200,000 that I've spent today, glad it's not my money!

DM
Dave Mitchell
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

submarine wrote:Sorry for the automated response...
I have left for the day, it's sunny out! \:D/
:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :violent1: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

LMAO!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i saw the weather report a few days ago and put "working from home on friday" on the work schedule.

because you know how it is: sitting on the deck in a lounge chair, surfing the web, and lifting those heavy beers out of the ice bucket is work. very hard work. if my company offered it, i'd probably qualify for hazard pay.

happy friday everyone!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, come on, at least you get to go diving this afternoon! I'm stuck in ER misery, no end in sight, no diving tonight, and it's MY BIRTHDAY!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hmmm.... then maybe I shouldn't post about the two great dives I had today with Sounder and Bnboly?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

LCF wrote:Oh, come on, at least you get to go diving this afternoon! I'm stuck in ER misery, no end in sight, no diving tonight, and it's MY BIRTHDAY!
Well happy birthday to a great lady! Sorry it can't be the birthday you'd like, but best wishes for your next day off to come quickly.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

So now that a new work week has begun... :axe:

...who got outside and enjoyed the weather this weekend...? :partyman:

... :hello2:
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Yeah I managed to burn myself a bit sitting out in the sun while diving the lake yesterday. It was so nice though to relax in nothing but a pair of shorts. Well worth the pink complexion I woke up with.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

laivindil wrote:So now that a new work week has begun... :axe:

...who got outside and enjoyed the weather this weekend...? :partyman:

... :hello2:
Got in six dives ... I guess that means I was under the weather ... #-o

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I got in four dives, two Friday before almost being crushed by a container ship, and two yesterday over on Hat Island. I planned on diving Saturday but it was too damn hot. I stayed inside and made sure I was properly hydrated..... :occasion5:

Has anyone noticed how FAST today is going by? It seems I won't have enough time to get my work done. #-o
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Wow. I don't know how you guys do it (single? no kids? retired?). I got in just one dive. Even squeezing that in was like trying to steal third base.

-Ben
Last edited by airsix on Mon May 19, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

Our weather wasn't as nice as your but I can't complain. I got 8 dives in, 4 Sat and 4 Sunday.

Had an Openwater class and had too many to take at once so I had to split them. So the dives were shallow and only about a half hour each. 7 new Certified divers though!

DM
Dave Mitchell
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Pez7378 wrote:I planned on diving Saturday but it was too damn hot.
That's why I've kept my wetsuit! Saturday was winter cleanup day at my parents place east of the pass. I have no idea how hot it was, but my shirt was soaked through in about 15 minutes of dragging snowmobiles around by hand. I'd guess high 90's.

Jake
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

airsix wrote:Wow. I don't know how you guys do it (single? no kids? retired?). I got in just one dive. Even squeezing that in was like trying to steal third base.

-Ben
I managed 4 dives over the weekend....A very understanding and supportive wife helps a lot!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

No diving yet. Spent the last 3 weeks tearing the "Scuba Kat" apart, cleaning and treating it then putting it all back together. A lot of work but worth it. Also I put a folding tongue (coupler) on the trailer. While doing that discovered why the trailer lights would flicker every once in awhile. 18" of toasted wire. :angryfire: :angryfire: I got it all together and took it out to the Willamette river for a test run Sunday. Hot and fun, but after an hour I came upon a disabled older couple in their 19" boat with engine trouble. Both were German and this was their first boat. Since I had not put all my stuff back on the boat, (not tools) I could not fix the problem. So I ended up towing them up river for almost 2 hours. It was like a minnow trying to pull a whale. The "Scuba Kat" showed its stuff and did it. I was impressed and hope I did not hurt it. My good Samaritan act for the day. Hopefully diving next weekend.
Charles
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Post by lurch »

Aquanautchuck wrote:Hot and fun, but after an hour I came upon a disabled older couple in their 19" boat with engine trouble.
Dang! Nineteen inches? Huge boat they got there!

:bootyshake:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

laivindil wrote:
Aquanautchuck wrote:Hot and fun, but after an hour I came upon a disabled older couple in their 19" boat with engine trouble.
Dang! Nineteen inches? Huge boat they got there!

:bootyshake:
Duh! They were obviously lilliputions!
Last edited by Pez7378 on Tue May 20, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Ken G wrote:
airsix wrote:Wow. I don't know how you guys do it (single? no kids? retired?). I got in just one dive. Even squeezing that in was like trying to steal third base.

-Ben
I managed 4 dives over the weekend....A very understanding and supportive wife helps a lot!
Or a wife who's a diver (or, in my case, an instructor as well) too!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding