Need directions to Three Tree Point

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Need directions to Three Tree Point

Post by Nwbrewer »

So a buddy and I are planning to dive sunday morning, and we're looking for a new place to try. I've searched around, and while I now have a general idea of where you all dive at three tree point, (I even have GPS coordinates) I haven't been able to find driving directions or a street address. Anybody hook me up? Anybody interested in meeting us there?

Jake
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

well, i've never been there, but this page has some information:
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/html/threetree.html
it recommends using a map but does have some directions that - according to the author - may (or may not) be useful. #-o

using that description you could put this "Sw 170th St & Maplewild Ave Sw, Burien, WA" into mapquest and probably get pretty close.

i've heard that's a nice spot to dive. if you go, post a report for those of us who've never been. :-)
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Perfect! Thanks LG. I'll be sure and post a report if we make it down there. Looks like a cool spot.

Jake
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_/W ... /index.htm

The directions may seem haunting, but really, it is not that hard to find. The road from Burien gets really curvy as it snakes its way down the hill to the sea.

Have fun!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

i "accidentally" drove down to the water in burien once when i took a wrong turn and didn't feel like battling traffic (sometimes i prefer to explore roads less travelled). but anyway, i was pretty surprised - for some reason, i have this rather ugly picture of burien in my head, but once you get down there by the water, it's not so bad! :-)
my FLICKR photo sets
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Get the book of Northwest Shore dives...
It gives all dive sites, tidal and current corrections...
Good luck and have a safe dive.
K
"Let's go diving!"
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

is there a new version of that book? i think i was looking at it today at the university bookstore and it was coyrighted in 1999 or 2000 or something ... and that just seemed a little old to me. :dontknow:
my FLICKR photo sets
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yes, it keeps getting updated, though I don't have the info right in front of me.

Most local dive shops in this area have a copy, and chances are it's pretty updated since they sell pretty fast.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

a nother grate bok is north west boat dives
some of the so called boat dives can be done from shore but not to many I would have to go back through my copy and see which ones but is a good book to have also

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him