Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! June 22nd, Sund Rock!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! June 22nd, Sund Rock!

Post by Penopolypants »

Sunday is getting closer! I thought I’d start a new thread about the club dive this Sunday the 22nd at Sund Rock. W00t! Meet at 9 a.m. Splash at 10-ish. Surface interval, splash again, then BBQ! Then another dive for those special idiots who can’t get enough. :supz:

This is NOT the Hood Canal Trip happening in July btw, see this thread for that trip. http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4845

Please post here if you are coming, if you are carpooling and/or willing to carpool, and what you are bringing. I highly recommend you bring a chair for lounging during the surface interval and the barbecue. Perhaps if you and your buddy can coordinate one tasty food item between the two of you that would be swell. If you don’t have a buddy, don’t worry! We’ll find one for you at the site, and just bring something yummy. We had about 20 bags of chips at the last one, so, uh….yeah. Maybe not so many this time? I don’t eat mustard so could someone else bring that?

I’m bringing the BBQ in a Subaru - 2 grills, charcoal, tables, a lighter that actually works this time, a shade canopy, stove, kettle, French press, coffee, tea. I still have paper plates and utensils left over from the last time and I think a few styrofoam cups. I'll also have a knife and cutting board for lettuce and onions and whatnot, and I’ll bring mayo and ketchup. No carpooling for me unless you want the grills in your lap all the way there and back.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! June 22nd, Sund Rock!

Post by spatman »

i'm in, and bringing some pasta salad. i'll probably have one other portlander with me, TBD.

i'm also a special idiot for sure, so i'll be getting in a third dive if possible!

:supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounds like fun! Wish I could join you, but Bassman and myself will be in Alaska...

Definitely scrape up an extra tank or go get a fill for a 3rd dive. Very worth it here, especially if you take pics!

Have a great time,

-Tom
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

Stacy and I will be there. We will not be carpooling because we are already staying close by. We are bringing a cooler load of water, soda, etc. See you all there! We will also bring a quick shade to set up if needed.
Matt & Stacy

Do We Dive?... Of Course!
Life Is An Adventure...
It is not the destination that is the most rewarding,
It is the journey along the way!

http://i-rv.net/gallery/main.php
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

I'll be there, and I'll be bringing a Pez. No carpooling unless you want a Pez in your lap all the way there and back! I'll be bringing mustard... and hamburgers, made from real animals and stuff!! I'll try to talk the Pez into bringing buns. If the Pez refuses, it will find itself tied to the roof rack.

Edit-

Oh yeah, 3 dives. As if that was a question... :dontknow:
Last edited by Fishstiq on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

If Pez is sitting in someone's lap it sounds like he's ALREADY bringing buns! \:D/
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I am coming up Sunday morning. Leaving around 7am from North Portland. Looking for carpool buddies. Probably bringing some sausages for BBQ. 3 dives. This will be fun!

Dave
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Hhm...will talk to Tim and see what he wants to do...we have major yard projects going on....
If so I will look again at this thread and see what we can bring...
Sounds like fun...
Will post tomorrow our plans.
kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
DiveMonkey
Just Settling In

Post by DiveMonkey »

I am planning on being there! I will be sure to bring something tasty other than chips...
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

John Rawlings wrote:If Pez is sitting in someone's lap it sounds like he's ALREADY bringing buns! \:D/
That's good, because everyone knows that Joe has no buns! :bootyshake:

So far we have:

Hambugers and buns
Ketchup, mayo, mustard
Water and sodas
Pasta Salad
Sausages
Plates and utensils
Tea and Coffee
Promises of more yummy things

Do not let me scare you off of bringing chips, btw. I am rather fond of them. Especially all natural cheetos, should anyone feel the urge to bring those. :supz:
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'd love to come and greet some new faces, but I have 3 reasons for not coming.

1. I'll be on a plane for work all day on Saturday and
2. I can't afford the gas to get to Hood Canal
3. I'm married... see reason #1.

Have a great time y'all. :rr:
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:I'd love to come and greet some new faces, but I have 3 reasons for not coming.

1. I'll be on a plane for work all day on Saturday and
2. I can't afford the gas to get to Hood Canal
3. I'm married... see reason #1.

Have a great time y'all. :rr:

too bad you can't make it, sgt., but completely understandable. hopefully we'll get to dive together again soon.
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

I can bring... um... pies? Or some other sort of dessert-like edible substance.
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

ORDiver wrote:I am coming up Sunday morning. Leaving around 7am from North Portland. Looking for carpool buddies. Probably bringing some sausages for BBQ. 3 dives. This will be fun!

Dave
:crybaby: So your ditchin' me and joining up with this group of rapscallions? [-X

Any one else lookin' for a reliable dive partner for this dive? :dontknow: I guess I'll be there alone. :smt064 subtle hint I have room for another diver and gear with no problem. :boxing: not so subtle can only do 2 dives but am willing to hang if need be. :partyman:

So if anyone is coming in from, well lets say OREGON for example :violent1:GET THE HINT YET? and would like to meet in OLYMPIA I am offering to pool in from there. ](*,) EH GADS DAVE DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU? :axe:

I can bring ANYTHING you needed for this event. \:D/ Just let me know what is lacking at the end and I will pick it up Saturday night. Not a "I'll probably bring some sausages for the BBQ" like some people. :bootyshake: You name it and it will be there. With the exception of Caribbean Monk Seal. #-o Of course someone will have to agree to dive with me. :evil4:

How much is the cost of admission? Has anyone looked into a group rate? :dontknow: Sund is a pay to park, pay to dive site. :fish: But I don't know how much. I know they charge per vehicle and per diver so pooling in is better. besides parking is at a minimum. They have just had it re graveled so that it's nice \:D/ (I think Kelp Crawlers of Olympia did it). What time do they open the gate? Well chain anyway. Just wondering.

By the way what's a rapscallion? :book:
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

Wow the server is acting up today.
Last edited by billandwende on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I need driving direction ...there not on our site ??? And what about parking..? let me know or give me a PM ..thnks
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Directions and info can be found here:

http://pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#sundrock

Although the site access fee is now $16 plus tax which comes to $17.34. That is per person, NOT per vehicle. The access fee is paid at Hoodsport 'n Dive in Hoodsport prior to coming to the site. If you are coming from the south you'll pass it on the right in Hoodsport before you get to Sund Rock. The shop will also give you a copy of the dive site map.

The first person who gets to Hoodsport 'n Dive gets the key to the gate. I will be there at 9, but since i'm perpetually late someone will probably be there first. :salute:

Parking is limited so please carpool if you can.

Edit: The info from PNW Scuba include the "fee" way and the "free" way to access the site. If you are planning on hanging out and barbecuing and whatnot, you must pay the fee. Mr. Sund not only checks vehicles for tags that indicate the fee has been paid, but he will also sometimes check your name agains the list. Plus I'd rather not spend the day peeling you off the rocks you have to climb up and down to get in free. And, while it would be funny to watch, I don't think the surface swim would be much fun with a bunch of hot dog buns on your head. Just sayin'.
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

Looks like I'll be able to make it after all. i don't know what food-type item i'll bring yet, but I'll let you know.

Nick
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Try this again...
I think Tim and I can make this...
will let you know for sure by friday...
If anyone wants to carpool, we can take 2 more divers (squished) or one more comfortably...anywhere from Tacoma-south to Oly and outwards to Sund
Please email me Scubak@ comcast.net on what you might like us to bring...or for carpoool info...
Thanks
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

So everyone has to pay at hoodsport first... then get a ticket.. stick it on the dash..then we can park in the Lot..Gotcha.. I caould car pool with Pez and Fishtig.. But I dont know if chris's car has enought room..? My van could carry all our grear !!! So pez and Joe need to PM, otherwise I amgoing to be another car taking up space in the lot
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

fishdick wrote:I'll be there, and I'll be bringing a Pez.
Nope, Sorry, No can do. As I've already mentioned, I can't make the club dive as I'll be meeting up with some friends at Sund Rock on the 22nd. Sounds like you guys will be having a good time without me. :evil4:
billandwende wrote:Wow the server is acting up today.
Bill, I'm glad you got that little "glitch" worked out. Sometimes these darn computers do strange things!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Penopolypants wrote:That's good, because everyone knows that Joe has no buns! :bootyshake:
Or brains, or brawn or bal.........never mind.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Pez7378 wrote:Or brains, or brawn or bal.........never mind.
yeah, don't go there, pez. someone's bound to ask how you'd know....
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Pez7378 wrote:Or brains, or brawn or bal.........never mind.
yeah, don't go there, pez. someone's bound to ask how you'd know....
You have to ask? :la:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

billandwende wrote:
ORDiver wrote:I am coming up Sunday morning. Leaving around 7am from North Portland. Looking for carpool buddies. Probably bringing some sausages for BBQ. 3 dives. This will be fun!

Dave
:crybaby: So your ditchin' me and joining up with this group of rapscallions? [-X

Any one else lookin' for a reliable dive partner for this dive? :dontknow: I guess I'll be there alone. :smt064 subtle hint I have room for another diver and gear with no problem. :boxing: not so subtle can only do 2 dives but am willing to hang if need be. :partyman:

So if anyone is coming in from, well lets say OREGON for example :violent1:GET THE HINT YET? and would like to meet in OLYMPIA I am offering to pool in from there. ](*,) EH GADS DAVE DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU? :axe:

I can bring ANYTHING you needed for this event. \:D/ Just let me know what is lacking at the end and I will pick it up Saturday night. Not a "I'll probably bring some sausages for the BBQ" like some people. :bootyshake: You name it and it will be there. With the exception of Caribbean Monk Seal. #-o Of course someone will have to agree to dive with me. :evil4:

How much is the cost of admission? Has anyone looked into a group rate? :dontknow: Sund is a pay to park, pay to dive site. :fish: But I don't know how much. I know they charge per vehicle and per diver so pooling in is better. besides parking is at a minimum. They have just had it re graveled so that it's nice \:D/ (I think Kelp Crawlers of Olympia did it). What time do they open the gate? Well chain anyway. Just wondering.

By the way what's a rapscallion? :book:
Jeez Bill. You don't have to guilt trip me. I'll PM about carpooling from Oly.