Buddies wanted for weekday dives next week

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Buddies wanted for weekday dives next week

Post by SquishyDuck »

I am finally taking some time off of work and wanted to take a couple of days to do some diving. I will be off from Monday June 30 thru Friday July 4. Is anyone available to dive during weekdays? I have no plans yet other than I wanted to drive up one day and dive during the day, maybe meet up with some folks for a late afternoon/evening dive, possibly a night dive, then get in a dive or two the next morning before heading home. Basically, I want to dive as much as I can. I am flexible as to which days during that week.

I have no preference on dive sites. I have dove Sund Rock and Redondo. Would be willing to do those again (especially Redondo), but it would be cool to check out some new places as well. Wherever it may be, it would have to be a relatively easy dive well within recreational limits, as I am still dialing in my buoyancy with my dry suit.

Having said all of that, do we have any takers?
Squishy Duck... no, Duck... that's Duck.. with a "u"
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Re: Buddies wanted for weekday dives next week

Post by Jabberjaw »

I will be at Cove II this Thursday for a 6:30pm dive. If you can do an evening dive I'll dive with ya.

Greg
Got Water?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Squishy - if you can find time to dive with JabberJaw, I'd highly recommend it!! He's a great diver to learn from!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

SquishyDuck wrote:I am still dialing in my buoyancy with my dry suit.

Having said all of that, do we have any takers?
Your buoyancy is spot on. \:D/ The only thing wrong with your diving at Sund was your dive partner. Where did you dig up that guy? :bootyshake:
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

Jabberjaw wrote:I will be at Cove II this Thursday for a 6:30pm dive. If you can do an evening dive I'll dive with ya.
Greg
I actually won't be available to get up there until next week. If you are diving then, maybe we can set something up.
Sounder wrote:Squishy - if you can find time to dive with JabberJaw, I'd highly recommend it!! He's a great diver to learn from!!
Right on. I will put him on my list. Yes, I really do have a list of people I want to dive with.
billandwende wrote:The only thing wrong with your diving at Sund was your dive partner. Where did you dig up that guy? :bootyshake:
LOL. Yeah, he was just some bum I found in the parking lot. He had a wicked bad party van, though, so I figured "What the heck."
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I won't be able to dive during the day but I would be happy to do an after work dive on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. let me know.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

"Ditto" for Monday nights.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:I won't be able to dive during the day but I would be happy to do an after work dive on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. let me know.

squish, take P-pants up on her offer if you can. she's helped me tremendously and is an awesome diver.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

spatman wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:I won't be able to dive during the day but I would be happy to do an after work dive on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. let me know.

squish, take P-pants up on her offer if you can. she's helped me tremendously and is an awesome diver.
Definitely! In spite of her unfortunate (shortened) nickname, she is, in fact, da BOMB! :smt035
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Oh…you guys…thanks! You’re making me blush.
scottsax wrote: In spite of her unfortunate (shortened) nickname
When I get my She P I will be (she won’t) P (her) Pants!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Penopolypants wrote:When I get my She P I will be (she won’t) P (her) Pants!
Since I'm now the proud papa of a CF200 with a P-valve, I'll have no excuse for not loading up on the beverages as well...
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

scottsax wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:When I get my She P I will be (she won’t) P (her) Pants!
Since I'm now the proud papa of a CF200 with a P-valve, I'll have no excuse for not loading up on the beverages as well...
You bought it!? Congratulations! They are very nice suits!
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Penopolypants wrote:You bought it!? Congratulations! They are very nice suits!
Well, pretty much, pending a couple test dives...

Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

Squshy, count me in for the after work thing as well next week. I've been lucky enough to meet up with Penopolypants more than once for those evening dives, and they are always good. :supz: I'll keep my eyes posted, and hope to catch up with y'all some night next week.

:fish:
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

I'll be hitting Mukilteo cor crab on the 2nd, 7:00AM splash we could meet up then or after limiting out. Bring your license and punch card or we could do some sight seeing.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

TCWestby wrote:I'll be hitting Mukilteo cor crab on the 2nd, 7:00AM splash we could meet up then or after limiting out. Bring your license and punch card or we could do some sight seeing.
Ahhhh yeah! I feel a plan coming together.

P-pants and Sheri (and anyone else who wants to join along) are you available for an after work dive on Tues the 1st?

If so, I can head up on Tues and meet for a dive. Then grab a hotel room, and meet up with TCWesby on Wed morning.

Crabbing sounds like hella fun! I have never been, so I hope you don't mind letting a total crab-noob tag along. I do have a combo fishing license, but do not yet have my crab endorsement or catch card. I will pick those up this weekend. If splash time is 0700, what time do you want to meet up? 0600?
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

SquishyDuck wrote:
TCWestby wrote:I'll be hitting Mukilteo cor crab on the 2nd, 7:00AM splash we could meet up then or after limiting out. Bring your license and punch card or we could do some sight seeing.

P-pants and Sheri (and anyone else who wants to join along) are you available for an after work dive on Tues the 1st?

If so, I can head up on Tues and meet for a dive. Then grab a hotel room, and meet up with TCWesby on Wed morning.

Crabbing sounds like hella fun! I have never been, so I hope you don't mind letting a total crab-noob tag along. I do have a combo fishing license, but do not yet have my crab endorsement or catch card. I will pick those up this weekend. If splash time is 0700, what time do you want to meet up? 0600?
Sounds good! It's a big exchange day so our site choices are limited, but Ye Olde Cove 2 is always good with me if that's okay with you, unless you've had a particular spot in mind for a while. Meet at 5:30-ish?
Sheri
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Sheri »

Count me in for Tuesday after work. (Probably between 530 and 6.) Yay!
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

Penopolypants wrote: Sounds good! It's a big exchange day so our site choices are limited, but Ye Olde Cove 2 is always good with me if that's okay with you, unless you've had a particular spot in mind for a while. Meet at 5:30-ish?
Cove 2 sounds great. I have never been there, and am always excited to try someplace new provided we can have a safe dive.
Sheri wrote:Count me in for Tuesday after work. (Probably between 530 and 6.) Yay!
Sweet! See you there.
Jabberjaw
Dive-aholic

Post by Jabberjaw »

Hey Squishy,

Sounds like you have plenty of offers. I plan on diveing Cove II most every Thursday at 6:30pm. This is kind of an evening to practice diving skills and have a good dive. Let know when you can show up and if there are any skills you would like to work. If you just want to dive that too is considered a skill.

Greg :smt032
Got Water?
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Penopolypants wrote:
SquishyDuck wrote:

Sounds good! It's a big exchange day so our site choices are limited, but Ye Olde Cove 2 is always good with me if that's okay with you, unless you've had a particular spot in mind for a while. Meet at 5:30-ish?
Tues at 5:30pm at Cove 2, is there room for one more? I think I could talk my boss into letting me off in time to make that one....
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Fishstiq wrote:
Tues at 5:30pm at Cove 2, is there room for one more? I think I could talk my boss into letting me off in time to make that one....
Absolutely!

(see, there was an opportunity for me to be nice to you, and I took it. So there. :salute: )
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Penopolypants wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:
Absolutely!

(see, there was an opportunity for me to be nice to you, and I took it. So there. :salute: )

I sooooooo hope you influence Pez...... :notworthy:
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Ain't gonna happen. [-X
SquishyDuck
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SquishyDuck »

I have decided to expand my plan a bit. I will be heading up on Tuesday afternoon and staying until Thursday night. So far on the roster:

Tues 5:30 pm @ Cove 2
Weds 7:00 am @ Mulkiteo
Thurs 6:30 pm @ Cove 2

It looks like I have some extra time to kill while I am up there, if any one wants to set up something else. Aw c'mon, this is your chance to get to meet the infamous (that's more than famous, ya know) Squishy Duck! You should take that chance, I hear he is really awesome.

Oh yeah, I really don't know that area up there at all. Can anyone recommend a budget hotel? My only requirements are that they don't have hourly rates, it is clean enough that I can walk on the floor without shoes and sleep IN the bed as opposed to ON the bed, and the shower works. A working toilet would be a bonus, too.