Boat Dive with deep sea charters

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Tom Nic wrote:Does anyone know the approximate dive profiles for the sites we will be diving?

I will be diving Nitrox and want to plan my fills / mix accordingly. :book:

Looking forward to this trip! :supz:
Nitrox is not available on board so if want it you need to bring it.. If I was you I would start with a 32% mix for the first dive (that way you could at least do a dive below 100ffw).. Second dive I would use a 35-40% MOD of 80 should be plenty deep for a second dive..

I also dont know the dive sites yet, it kinda depends on the conditions that day. We will also have a vote on where we should go for that day..

What about our food situation? I read something about a Potluck?

Yes WE will bring some applesauce cake, we could do some chicken or something, Any one have any sugestions on what they might want to bring. No need to overload the boat with food but if someone wants to bring some sodas,chips,cookies,ext.
Who run barter town?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

How about some Chicken Noodle Soup?
Would we be able to warm somthing like that up on the boat?

"Warms the insides nicely"
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Soup and sandwiches would be great!! He does have a couple of hot plates to warm some food with. Who wants to bring some lunchmeat?
Who run barter town?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Just curious,
Is there a list of other people wanting on?

I'm asking because I was wondering if there would be room for my 15 year old daughter? She is a non-diver (as of right now).
class starts, 19 Aug. :supz:

I told her, "As of now the boat is full." So she is not expecting to go.

But if room becomes available, I would like to bring her.
jeff98208
Aquanaut

boat dive

Post by jeff98208 »

i'll know more in the next few days, but depending on the green back (money) out look i might beable to attend the boat dive. later

good day!
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Sorry Jeff the boat is full!! Unless anyone cant make it?? Other than that I cant wait for the boat dive,Its gonna be a gas!!

Ok I will be at the 1-5 north bound rest stop at smokey point between 7-7:30.. I will leave at 7:30 sharp those that want to follow us show up then. Other wise my cell # 425/345/4479 Jason Merrill..

So what do you folks want to bring? Sounds like Bassman is gonna bring some chicken noodle soup, I will bring some apple sauce cake.. If no one else volunteers I will bring some albertsons chicken. But we could use some lunch meat and some bread?? Chips and soda. Any body want to bring something?? Those that want some adult beverages there is a cooler for after the dive.. I will also have a raffle to support the dive club.. You can find directions HERE if you dont want to meet at the rest stop.. The boat is gonna leave at 8:30 sharp!! I cant wait to see you all at the boat dive..

PS If your not gonna make it please post it so others that want to go can get a last minute spot..
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

DiverDown wrote:Ok I will be at the 1-5 north bound rest stop at smokey point between 7-7:30.. I will leave at 7:30 sharp
uhhhmmmmmm.... are we talking AM or PM? ](*,)
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

That would be 0730... AM \:D/
Who run barter town?
Captain Ron
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Good Times!

Post by Captain Ron »

Board time is 8:00 am. Call me at 360-661-6101 or send an email at dave@deepseacruise.com if you have any questions. :salute:
It's all about 0 feet.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Dave that looks just like you!!! Hope you dont scare everyone away!! \:D/ . This is gonna be a great time!!
Who run barter town?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

What about payment?
Can I pay By Credit Card to Deep Sea Charters?
Or do I need to pay Cash?
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Deep Sea Charter 8/4

Post by Octoloco »

Do we want to stick with finger/hand food or can I make an asian chicken salad?

If we're going with the finger/hand food, let me know and I'll pick up some lunch meat.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Boat Dive with deep sea charters

Post by Tangfish »

DiverDown wrote:His boat has air compressor and some steel 100s. Those of you that havent dove the San Juans are in for a real treat. So let me know if you are interested
Does this mean we don't need to bring our own tanks? Also, how many dives are we planning to do and how long (approximately) are the boat rides?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I spoke to Dave last night We will do 2 dives, Should be back at the dock by 1:00.

Finger foods would be great what ever people want to bring. Octoloco wants to bring some lunch meat, Who wants to pick up some rolls? Bassman is bringing soup. I think as long as everyone brings something we will have a real between dive feast!!

Also some of us are going to stop at a local tavern for some oyster shooters.. :supz:
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Oh yeah I would bring one tank, if you dont mind using daves, or if your diving nitrox.. I like to bring my tank cause im used to it plus I dont have to fiddle with weights..
Who run barter town?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

So if I bring one of my HP 100's, can I get a full fill right on the boat?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mrs. Nailer will be making a batch of less fiery enchilladas, and we'll bring some chips/plates/forks and such as well.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

BASSMAN wrote:So if I bring one of my HP 100's, can I get a full fill right on the boat?
Thats right!! And also he does take credit cards.. For the dive (the fills are free)..
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Nailer99 wrote:Mrs. Nailer will be making a batch of less fiery enchilladas, and we'll bring some chips/plates/forks and such as well.
Sounds good Nailer, Those enchiladas help for "offgassing" also!! \:D/
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah....it's like having an internal argon system.....'cept it's methane.

This is gonna be a blast!

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

But you can't light argon on fire!!! ...not that anyone here would have ever done that (or other stupid stuff) in college. :violent2: :violent3:

The best quote I ever heard was "there is a time and a place for everything... and that time and place is college." :book: :la: :bootyshake: \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

Ok., so if I bring some meat, is someone bringing bread and condiments? I just want to make sure we're not eating meat caveman style.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

What's wrong with eating meat caveman style? :naka:

Kidding.... what kind of bread should I bring and what is the meat type?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

So we just bring one tank? Is that to save room on the boat? Everybody fills between dives?

Octoloco
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Octoloco »

I'll bring two kinds of sliced meats so any kind of bread would be suitable I'm sure. Thanks!