photos from the Clear Lake trip Jully 12th

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

photos from the Clear Lake trip Jully 12th

Post by narcosis Junky »

It was awsome. great turn out. It was great meating every body. great effort on every body's part considering the price of gas. Great meating every body. We have to do this again. maybe even in the winter. It doesn't change much in temp. Just snow on the banks and maybe a little ice on the North West end. It's beautifull no matter what time of the year. Any body else want to go up there let me know I will show you around. We had 12 people show. Awsome. Anough of the talk. :supz:
The NWDC group that showed up at the Clear Lake dive Jully 12 with two Birthdays.
The NWDC group that showed up at the Clear Lake dive Jully 12 with two Birthdays.
The boat for those of you who didn't see it.  It's getting old.
The boat for those of you who didn't see it. It's getting old.
This is what it looks like when you are walking on mars.  It's my wife.
This is what it looks like when you are walking on mars. It's my wife.
The after math of a Volcano eruption over a Thousand years ago.
The after math of a Volcano eruption over a Thousand years ago.
This picture should show how horrible the viz was. 100+ viz.
Don't you wish your carpen was that green.  And no digitizing.  This is how it looks down there.
Don't you wish your carpen was that green. And no digitizing. This is how it looks down there.
Don't you wish your carpen was that green.  And no digitizing.  This is how it looks down there.
Don't you wish your carpen was that green. And no digitizing. This is how it looks down there.
Above and below view
Above and below view
View from 30 feet down
View from 30 feet down
Some of the divers that made it up.  enjoying the viz.
Some of the divers that made it up. enjoying the viz.
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
I spear fish, night dive, deep dive. I do it all. Contact me.
http://flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: photos from the Clear Lake trip Jully 12th

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice pics NJ! I especially like the fish eye type wide angle shots. Great place for it!

Looks like you all had a great time. Definitely want to take you up on your offer sometime in the not too distant future.

BTW, I've heard that some or all of the trees in the lake a petrefied. Is this true?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

No they are not petrified, they are just preserved from the cold water. It's the real thing. They are old. And better preserved than we ever will be.
Want to go dive in Oregon. I can help. Biginner or experienced it doesn't matter.
want to do some underwater photography I will help if I can. I'm a dive Junky. Cold or hot.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Scubagirl45 wrote: I have to say I even enjoyed the long surface swim Penelope and I did yesterday
especially the part where she towed you, right? lol.

great pics, NJ!

nice-diver and i added ours to the original thread here.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

repeat posting to have one big photo album

high cascades wreck dive

narcosis junky and nice-diver; photo taken by sexy-cyn (narcosis junkies wife)

its best to choose a buddy with the same breathing pattern

northwest end of clear lake, its like diving on the surface of the moon in the spring

straight out of the camera, no post processing

northeast?side of the lake, 38ffw, lots of sunny viz

self explanatory, luv ya buddy

follow the leader to the "blue hole"

the "blue hole" is a spring that forms a short river that is the main source of the lake; the headwaters of the McKenzie River

the blue hole

where'd my buddies go? the viz was like 80feet

Clear Lake, west end at the resort, todays nw dive club dive site

to see more of my pictures, click on the flickr.com link in my signature
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Great pics! That looks like tons of fun- I can't believe the vis! I'm really happy you all could use this site to hook up for dives like that- that's what nwdc is all about! :supz:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Nailer99 wrote:I can't believe the vis!
what's really amazing is that NJ and nice-diver both were saying the viz was so-so! 50-100' and it's "just alright"...
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

spatman wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:I can't believe the vis!
what's really amazing is that NJ and nice-diver both were saying the viz was so-so! 50-100' and it's "just alright"...
I dove lake crescent last year- same thing there. I was blown away by 50-70 feet, and everyone who'd been there before was like: "oh- is that all?" Gonna have to go back sometime.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Thanks alot for the pics ND and NJ. I had agreat time. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Good to put some faces to some names. Luckily it wasn't too bad in the wet suit. Fingers always thaw out.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Scubagirl45 wrote:Thanks for posting the photos NJ, I had a blast yesterday :smt038 ! It was fun to meet more NWDC members and enjoy a great day of diving. I have to say I even enjoyed the long surface swim Penelope and I did yesterday, just laying back on the surface, leisurely kicking, and looking up at the beautiful scenery; it was great! I will definitely be diving Clear Lake again (would love to do it in the winter: night dive, full moon :supz: ). It is a unique dive location, and well worth the trip.
Winter, night dive, full moon. That sounds awesome! Good Idea. Thats the only way to make Clear Lake even more like being in space. Keep me posted.
narcosis Junky
Aquaphile

Post by narcosis Junky »

Ok for those of you who want to see a few more pics, I posted some on flicker. I don't have a pro account there so I can only put up so many. But I put up quiet a few. here is the link if you want to see more. oh and yes here is the group photo if you want to print it out.

:partyman: :supz: :occasion5: :smt038
DSC_0339.JPG