My deco stop

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: My deco stop

Post by Tangfish »

I don't think they'll let me on a track with a droptop.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

tangfish wrote:I don't think they'll let me on a track with a droptop.

CALVIN YOU A WRONG, I caninvite you as a guest for an auto cross if you like, John and i advertisein the Speil so we canbring guests to the events.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

OKAY BJ I'M SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW!

airsix, here are some more shots, after she had a bath:

airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

tangfish wrote:I don't think they'll let me on a track with a droptop.
They will let you time-trial it without a rollbar, but for open-track club-racing or DE you would need a rollbar. Time-trial/Autocross is mega-fun and it's very easy to get started. Minimum requirement is car and helmet. One car at a time racing the clock. Speeds rarely get above 70mph. If you spin or go off-course generally an orange cone or two is the only casualty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fr9r_K7jg

Warning: it's habit forming.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Is that you driving?!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

CaptnJack wrote:Although this one was human instigated, left post rolloffs happen for real.

Before you pat yourself on the back too much, remember you missed that.

A left post rolloff could have happened, but with no overhead environments approached during the dive, i felt that was not the issue. I felt sharing air was the safest option, and also good practice. :dontknow:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

airsix wrote:
tangfish wrote:...there are more options available to them than the views that a) doing stupid shit is ok and encouraged or b) if you break trim you and all your friends will die. :)
Agreed. Aristotle said "moderation in all things".
That applies to those who would be overly serious/elitist as well as their provocateur, the Mav.

Everybody be friends. :occasion5: (that's me on the right, but the beverage is non-alcoholic)
Moving on, lets hear more about the drag-racing (the moderation rule has an exception for horsepower, lateral grip, braking, and acceleration).

-Ben
Ben this is me on the left and mine has a gin and tonic in it. :occasion5:
Maverick

STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Auto crossing is damn addictive, and Ben is right about the track, i was talking about the autocrossing
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

It is addicting... http://www.bondurant.com It's a great excuse for a trip to Phoenix, especially if you golf.

CaptnJack wrote:Although this one was human instigated, left post rolloffs happen for real.

Before you pat yourself on the back too much, remember you missed that.
All those mid-water skills dives certainly pay off - there is definitely a lot of value in being able to do a valve drill in your sleep. Fixable.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Maverick wrote:Ben this is me on the left and mine has a gin and tonic in it. :occasion5:
No problemo, BJ. I'll drive us home. :partyman: (that's me on the left this time) he he.

Calvin, no that's not me. I just grabbed the first youtube autocross video that came up. That is a very beautiful car you have. Thanks for sharing. Take BJ up on his offer. You'll have a lot of fun.

-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

:violent3: That's me on the right ;)
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

tangfish wrote::violent3: That's me on the right ;)
Well I do seem to recall Ms. McGillis saying that Maverick isn't happy unless he's going mach 2 with his hair is on fire. You are now equipped to provide both. :laughing3:

By the way, if you do autocross that beautiful car I think it would be a good idea to have BJ put some of that custom-cut clear vinyl on the rockers and wheel arches. The wheel spins and sharp turns kick up a lot of pebbles and you don't want to chip that nice paint. (BJ, you're the guy with the business that does that, right?)

-Ben
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BJ's going to do that to my new 4Runner when it shows up too. \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'm the guy that does that, yup that's me.

and calvin is already on it, and I did his rover and his bros 997 and his dads jeep and next is Sounders 4runner
Maverick

STAIRS.
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Maverick wrote:I'm the guy that does that, yup that's me.

and calvin is already on it, and I did his rover and his bros 997 and his dads jeep and next is Sounders 4runner
And the rear end on my Audi wagon!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Feel the love. :smt038