Diving and Kids

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Diving and Kids

Post by Tangfish »

Sparky, I remembered hearing that you were going to splash with Riley. I know you weren't planning on going deep but I came across a couple of articles I thought you'd find useful:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=53081

http://www.niams.nih.gov/hi/topics/grow ... growth.htm
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HEy Calvin :
thanks ill look these over when I have a little more time

what I was going to do was let him have my octo while we played around on the surface he dont like to have his face wet and I was not going to let him go down or any thing just play around with my grand son but he fell asleep in the truck on the way to the dive site and I ended up doing a solo dive LOL

but thanks I do want to get him certified when he gets older

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky just be safe and fix those damn Brakes and get your :bootyshake: back up her to dive
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Kids are great! :supz:

I'm diving tomorrow AM with one of my girls @ Harper. Got them both certified Jr. OW 3 yrs ago when they were 11 (twins), and one has taken to it so much that she wants to be a marine biologist. :book: (Thats the one I'm diving with tomorrow)

She's the type that gets so determined that it would take an act of the Almighty to change her mind - so I think she's pretty much found a calling.

The low viz & cool water are new to her, but she's coming along nicely.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

thats so cool Dive Dad

my Dive budy is jay ( Lostinbrownsmeed) hie doughter is like 7 I think she is driving him nuts asking to go diving

we cant waite till she is older so she can join us on our dives

My grandson is only 3 soon to be 4 but he helps me clean and repack my gear all the time and he can already name most of the gear and tell you what it is used for.

got to start them some place huh?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

sparky wrote: ...my grand son but he fell asleep in the truck on the way to the dive site and I ended up doing a solo dive LOL

Sparky
Hey Sparky, this wouldn't have been because you got to the dive site at 1 or 2 AM would it?!?

Hey, let's go divin'! We need to put together an outing to Sund Rock, or plan enough ahead of time where Bassman and myself head down there when tides are cooperative.
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Comin' Along Nicely

Post by diver-dad »

diver-dad wrote:Kids are great! :supz:

I'm diving tomorrow AM with one of my girls @ Harper. Got them both certified Jr. OW 3 yrs ago when they were 11 (twins), and one has taken to it so much that she wants to be a marine biologist. :book: (Thats the one I'm diving with tomorrow)

She's the type that gets so determined that it would take an act of the Almighty to change her mind - so I think she's pretty much found a calling.

The low viz & cool water are new to her, but she's coming along nicely.
The dive was fantastic for her!! :wav: She's getting very comfortable with the PS conditions, viz was pretty decent today too. She was fascinated by the variety of things she saw. Looks like I've got a ready-made dive buddy! \:D/

Now I've gotta get the wife out there!

One of these days I've gotta hook up with you guys on the East Side of the Sound. :supz:

Take care!
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

That's cool, DD. Yeah, we should dive together sometime soon- Wednesday evenings are pretty reliable. We might be coaxed over your way some weekend, too!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."